Kubota b7100 HST, 4WD, 1985, DP

KubotaSWE

Equipment
Kubota b7100 DP, Hydraulic front snowblower, PTO rear sand spreader
Sep 17, 2024
Sweden
Hello from Sweden đź‘‹

New here, to Kubota and compact tractors in general

Been looking for a kubota b7100 HST or a similar model for months and months. Couple of weeks ago I finally found one near me in, what I think, pretty good shape (for being a 1985) with cab, cab heating, hydraulic front 2 stage snowblower and sand/salt spreader with "the right price" here in northern Sweden.

20240812_195845.jpg

20240812_195824.jpg

20240813_183222.jpg

I have a lots of questions but lets start with most important ones before winter is here:

1. Chains
Is it right that you should always use chains on all 4 tires when in 4WD? And chains should be of same model/make?

I have been told those chains would be perfect for traction and steering, what do you think?

ATV.jpg

p6.jpg

2. Rear wheel hubs
Does this looks to be same rear wheel hubs you guys think is a good choice? Its hard and expensive for me to order from US so this is the best I could find in Europe

tp13144.jpg

3. Brakes
What do you think about these breakpads, No need to order a new one right?

20240915_181455.jpg

Last edited:

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
Hello fellow B7100HST owner! Good choice for a tractor - although it may be a challenge operating without power steering!

With regard to your questions:
  1. I do not operate where it snows, but running in 4WD probably is a must for your conditions. Be aware that if the chains you add cause the rolling diameters to mismatch between the front and rear too much you can bind the 4WD system and cause problems. If you're off pavement and there is enough slip (probably a certainty in winter/ice/snow) then it should power through any mismatch.
  2. That is the "upgraded" wheel hub. It is plenty strong. Be sure to grease or put anti-seize material on the locking wedge mechanism so you do not get rust seizing it after a few seasons of wet and salt.
  3. The brake shoes appear to have good material. Clean, install, and adjust as appropriate.