Kubota B26 service manual needed

samwhoiam

Equipment
Kubota B26
Feb 14, 2023
NC
Where can I find a service manual for the B26 that we just bought from a rental place. It has a lot of hours on it and I'm sure renters were not as careful with a rental as they would have been if they owned it. Any suggestions on what should be cked out first. It seems to run and preform fine.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The service manuals are called WSM's.
There is not a free or easy to get copy out there of that WSM.
The WSM for the B26 and with the B26 being a TLB (tractor loader backhoe) it is unique and other manuals will not match.
A TLB is not the same as a tractor with a loader and a backhoe, TLB's are commercial units.
Try walking into a dealership with a thumb drive.
Some dealers will download a copy to it for free or for cheap.
Or they will order you a copy.
P/N for the WSM is 9Y111-00043

(EDITED: TBL to Proper TLB)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

samwhoiam

Equipment
Kubota B26
Feb 14, 2023
NC
The WSM for the B26 and with the B26 being a TBL (tractor loader backhoe) it is unique and other manuals will not match.
A TBL is not the same as a tractor with a loader and a backhoe, TBL's are commercial units.
Thanks so much for your rapid reply. I will let my son know. He is going to love this forum and so am I. This is our first Kubota. I'm already dreaming of a chipper/shredder for it and he has all kinds of attachments he wants, to help him build his metal building. I'm sure this forum will be a great help.
Sam

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Thanks so much for your rapid reply. I will let my son know. He is going to love this forum and so am I. This is our first Kubota. I'm already dreaming of a chipper/shredder for it and he has all kinds of attachments he wants, to help him build his metal building. I'm sure this forum will be a great help.
Sam
Look for the envelope symbol at top right of forum pages. If you see a red number 1 beside the envelope click on it.
Dave

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The WSM for the B26 and with the B26 being a TBL (tractor loader backhoe) it is unique and other manuals will not match.
A TBL is not the same as a tractor with a loader and a backhoe, TBL's are commercial units.
"TBL (tractor loader backhoe)"...... more commonly referred to as ......TLB (tractor loader backhoe)

iko

Equipment
B26
Nov 20, 2023
Port Mcnicoll, Ontario, Canada
I realize this is an older thread, but I just got myself a B26 a few days ago. My happiness was short lived, as yesterday I saw what seems to be hydraulic oil leaking from somewhere at the rear. Doesn't seem to leak all the time, but when the tractor is is used. Before I buy a copy of the WSM manual from ebay I thought maybe someone has a pdf copy that they would not mind sharing. All the best!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Sam
Do you have the quick connect backhoe bucket system?
Probably so, since it was a rental machine.
What size BH bucket do you have?

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
I realize this is an older thread, but I just got myself a B26 a few days ago. My happiness was short lived, as yesterday I saw what seems to be hydraulic oil leaking from somewhere at the rear. Doesn't seem to leak all the time, but when the tractor is is used. Before I buy a copy of the WSM manual from ebay I thought maybe someone has a pdf copy that they would not mind sharing. All the best!
B26 had a design problem on the suction side line rubber elbow that would crack allowing air to enter. Foaming and heating up the hydraulic oil to the point it come out vent at the rear.
Never a recall but did redesign the line to reduce stress on that rubber elbow about 2020. Not covered in WSM.

Reactions: 1 users

iko

Equipment
B26
Nov 20, 2023
Port Mcnicoll, Ontario, Canada
@Smokeydog saw that on youtube but could not figure out where the elbow is 🙈

Maybe this, but it doesn't look like in the youtube video.

IMG_1396.jpeg

IMG_1397.jpeg

@Smokeydog thank you, I confirmed by looking at the parts diagram that's the elbow. Doesn't look broken to me but I'll look to get a new one anyway.

Last edited:

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
@Smokeydog saw that on youtube but could not figure out where the elbow is 🙈

Maybe this, but it doesn't look like in the youtube video.

View attachment 116728

View attachment 116729

@Smokeydog thank you, I confirmed by looking at the parts diagram that's the elbow. Doesn't look broken to me but I'll look to get a new one anyway.
That looks like mine that was cracking. Couldn’t see cracks till removed. New elbow came with new line modifications.
IMG_1482.jpeg
IMG_1483.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

Tinkerer

Equipment
Kubota B26 TLB
Dec 20, 2023
Chezzetcook NS
B26 had a design problem on the suction side line rubber elbow that would crack allowing air to enter. Foaming and heating up the hydraulic oil to the point it come out vent at the rear.
Never a recall but did redesign the line to reduce stress on that rubber elbow about 2020. Not covered in WSM.
Good to know! I’ll keep an eye out for that. Thanks and good info share.

Noremark

Equipment
B26 W/ Backhoe,
Dec 28, 2023
Chehalis WA
I too am looking for a service manual for B26. I have a not turning over issue. Last month I needed to replace a safety neutral switch on the direction pedal.