kubota 2250 wont start

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
There we go again!! Unfortunately, I left my Kubota 2250 tractor outside the shed and the stormy weather in FL rained over it. The air filter was open and water came inside the manifold and now the tractor will not start at least I sprayed starting fluid through the opening in the air filter (I know NO NO good to do that!!!) then the tractor will run fine! if I turn it off then I will have to spray it again repeating the process. Any idea way? Thanks

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
To quote another member "look for the simple things first". Simple as in you might have partly depleted charge in battery,put battery on charge until it tests 12.6 v or more. Unlike old gasoline engines that eventually catch and start on a partly charged battery,diesels that are in perfect condition need to spin over at full speed else no start.

ddiaz396@aol.com

Equipment
Jun 25, 2012
Kissimmee,Fl
To quote another member "look for the simple things first". Simple as in you might have partly depleted charge in battery,put battery on charge until it tests 12.6 v or more. Unlike old gasoline engines that eventually catch and start on a partly charged battery,diesels that are in perfect condition need to spin over at full speed else no start.
Thanks jaxs. When I tried to start it I had the battery charge connected to the engine starter position(200 amp) but I will try another battery just in case. Could be that the water damaged the injection fuel pump????

Last edited: