KRA question

LAN20514

Jun 27, 2024
PA
Hi. I’m thinking about buying a GR2020. I’m curious if the KRA can be activated and stay on for extended periods of time. I reverse quite often now. On my current Snapper I can flip the switch as soon as I engage the PTO and not have to worry about the blades disengaging the entire time I’m mowing.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Dealer didn’t really give me an answer

gee, that doesn't inspire much confidence in the dealer when SERIOUS problems pop up !
When I bought my BX23S, salesguy delivered it and spent 1 1/2 showing me almost everything,what it is,what it does.

Might not be able to 'bypass' that switch. Some are actually microcontrollers with several signals going to them and 2-3 controls coming out.

for sure get the wiring diagram in the WSM BEFORE you 'upgrade' the beastie !!!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi. I’m thinking about buying a GR2020. I’m curious if the KRA can be activated and stay on for extended periods of time. I reverse quite often now. On my current Snapper I can flip the switch as soon as I engage the PTO and not have to worry about the blades disengaging the entire time I’m mowing.
I dint know the details of the GR2020 but on a G2160 and G2460 you must disable it every time you start the machine. If you get off for any reason you just about have to shut the engine off so IMO its a PITA.

KRA is a complicated computer controlled system with complicated logic and multiple inputs so disabling lt is not ss simple as jumpering a switch or two.

That saìd I love my mowers. They cut great and are relible and I would not let KRA stop me from buying one.
L
Dan

LAN20514

Jun 27, 2024
PA
I dint know the details of the GR2020 but on a G2160 and G2460 you must disable it every time you start the machine. If you get off for any reason you just about have to shut the engine off so IMO its a PITA.

KRA is a complicated computer controlled system with complicated logic and multiple inputs so disabling lt is not ss simple as jumpering a switch or two.

That saìd I love my mowers. They cut great and are relible and I would not let KRA stop me from buying one.
L
Dan
I did test drive the GR 2020 and engaged the KRA. I was just trying to verify it won’t do any harm to the mower if activated for the time I am on the mower. I also tested a John Deere and their reverse system must be switched off when you go forward or the PTO shuts off

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I did test drive the GR 2020 and engaged the KRA. I was just trying to verify it won’t do any harm to the mower if activated for the time I am on the mower. I also tested a John Deere and their reverse system must be switched off when you go forward or the PTO shuts off
The current version of KRA must be different than mine because I dont understand any of that.

On mine all KRA does is shut the engine off if you backup with the mower PTO engaged. Certainly no danger of damaging the tractor but annoying as hell.

After starting the tractor you can disable that with a pushbutton on the dash but it resets on every restart.

Dan

Last edited:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
re: Dealer didn’t really give me an answer

gee, that doesn't inspire much confidence in the dealer when SERIOUS problems pop up !
When I bought my BX23S, salesguy delivered it and spent 1 1/2 showing me almost everything,what it is,what it does.

Might not be able to 'bypass' that switch. Some are actually microcontrollers with several signals going to them and 2-3 controls coming out.

for sure get the wiring diagram in the WSM BEFORE you 'upgrade' the beastie !!!
I'd be more surprised if a dealer actually offered to help you defeat a safety switch. A missing sticker cost K $15M...a dealer defeating a safety switch would be priceless!