Just won’t start.

RSSFarms

Equipment
Kubota B8200DP
Jun 17, 2024
Loyal Oklahoma
Okay, i recently got ahold of a B8200DP for 400 bucks and i just can’t get the thing started. someone had went through and jumped wires all over the place, to circumvent the clutch safety switch, and all that. i have since rewired it, and that all works now. the only electrical thing that i think might be stopping me is the oil pressure sending unit but im gonna replace it anyways. my main ask here is what i might be missing. i’m pretty sure it could use a set of injectors, i did clean them last night but they sat with water in them for a while. good spray patterns though now lol. but i’ve replaced the fuel, fuel filter, oil, oil filter, i’ve cleaned the tank, lines, injection lines, flushed the pump, cleaned and flushed the injectors, i’ve fogged the cylinders, i’ve made sure my glow plugs are working, everything is there to run but it just won’t. the only thing i think it could be at this point, is compression being low. and i know it needs rings, (i’ve ordered rings for it already) and a hone. i knew it was going to need a rebuild, based off of blow by alone. but i really wanted to get it started before i dove into a full rebuild. now my other question here, is can the main, and rod bearing be reused? i have found it quite diff to source just the main and rod bearings withought getting sleeves with the kit too. i’ve got a rebuild kit just short or rods, pistons, bearing, and sleeves on the way already. but i have fuel, i have good fuel pressure, i have good air flow, and the glow plugs are getting hot as far as i can tell. i’ve got a fair amount of stuff to put on it tonight, (glow plugs, glow plug indicator, and new water pump and other cooling stuff. now im gonna order a set of injectors online just so i have new ones after the rebuild lol. but im gonna set the valve lash tonight and go from there. my only other thing i think it might be is a weak battery but it spins it over.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Okay, i recently got ahold of a B8200DP for 400 bucks and i just can’t get the thing started. someone had went through and jumped wires all over the place, to circumvent the clutch safety switch, and all that. i have since rewired it, and that all works now. the only electrical thing that i think might be stopping me is the oil pressure sending unit but im gonna replace it anyways. my main ask here is what i might be missing. i’m pretty sure it could use a set of injectors, i did clean them last night but they sat with water in them for a while. good spray patterns though now lol. but i’ve replaced the fuel, fuel filter, oil, oil filter, i’ve cleaned the tank, lines, injection lines, flushed the pump, cleaned and flushed the injectors, i’ve fogged the cylinders, i’ve made sure my glow plugs are working, everything is there to run but it just won’t. the only thing i think it could be at this point, is compression being low. and i know it needs rings, (i’ve ordered rings for it already) and a hone. i knew it was going to need a rebuild, based off of blow by alone. but i really wanted to get it started before i dove into a full rebuild. now my other question here, is can the main, and rod bearing be reused? i have found it quite diff to source just the main and rod bearings withought getting sleeves with the kit too. i’ve got a rebuild kit just short or rods, pistons, bearing, and sleeves on the way already. but i have fuel, i have good fuel pressure, i have good air flow, and the glow plugs are getting hot as far as i can tell. i’ve got a fair amount of stuff to put on it tonight, (glow plugs, glow plug indicator, and new water pump and other cooling stuff. now im gonna order a set of injectors online just so i have new ones after the rebuild lol. but im gonna set the valve lash tonight and go from there. my only other thing i think it might be is a weak battery but it spins it over.
Did you do a compression check as the 1st order of business?

Reactions: 2 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't know where or who told you to fog the cylinders but that will do nothing but cause serious damage.

Most of the online injectors are complete junk!
Order a set from Oregon Fuel Injection

Just honing and putting rings in it will do nothing for you but waste money!

In all of your goings on did you bleed the fuel injection line to the injectors?
When you reworked the injector did you fill / soak them with diesel to get the air out?
Are you getting power to the glow plugs when it's cranking?