Insurance (State Farm)

NMBob

Equipment
BX23S (.8hrs!!)
Mar 21, 2024
New Mexico
Hi kids! State Farm is having all kinds of trouble figuring out how to insure my BX23S. I have a car and a house with them. "The underwriter" (I don't know if that means they are going through a 3rd party company or what) can't handle the whole thing being a package deal of $25K. They want to know how much the tractor is, how much the loader is, and how much the backhoe is. This last iteration they wanted to insure the tractor for $25K, the backhoe for $1600 and the loader for $900. Oh and the ROPS for $400. When I stopped laughing I said, "wrong". They tried to contact the dealer, but they won't get back to them. I guess I'll try. It doesn't really seem like a great dealer. Anyone know where the individual values are listed? Can I use add-on prices from the Kubota site for the other tractors, for example, like the ______ (I don't know which tractor the 23S is close to), the LA344 and BT602? Thanks!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi kids! State Farm is having all kinds of trouble figuring out how to insure my BX23S. I have a car and a house with them. "The underwriter" (I don't know if that means they are going through a 3rd party company or what) can't handle the whole thing being a package deal of $25K. They want to know how much the tractor is, how much the loader is, and how much the backhoe is. This last iteration they wanted to insure the tractor for $25K, the backhoe for $1600 and the loader for $900. Oh and the ROPS for $400. When I stopped laughing I said, "wrong". They tried to contact the dealer, but they won't get back to them. I guess I'll try. It doesn't really seem like a great dealer. Anyone know where the individual values are listed? Can I use add-on prices from the Kubota site for the other tractors, for example, like the ______ (I don't know which tractor the 23S is close to), the LA344 and BT602? Thanks!
Prior to recently selling, I had everything insured with State farm.

No issues if you have a farm policy rather than a residence policy.

If you have a residence policy, you may need a blanket rider.

Do not expect any help from dealer as there is nothing in it for them.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
You’re in NM and I’m not so this is more something to consider than an allegation of fact. Depending on what forms they’re writing it on, they may have to separately schedule implements, which can be defined as anything removable from the base tractor. A quick attach loader and backhoe that can be swapped for a three point hitch would qualify as attachments for many carriers.

“The underwriter” is likely clueless on the value of any of the items together or individually so they need something in writing upon which to base the limits to keep their boss off their butt and avoid a mess if you have a claim. If you have a bill of sale that breaks it out, or if you can print a “build your Kubota” build sheet from Kubota’s website to provide some documentation of the relative value of the items individually, that will likely satisfy their request and at least get you in a realistic range.