Im new

Cgreene

Equipment
N/A
Aug 23, 2024
Lyons, Or
So im about to purchase my first tractor ever. Just got my hands on a 5 acres. Been talking to my local kubota dealer about a B2601. Ive also been in contact with the local Bob cat dealer about there ct2025.
So i know this is a Kubota chat line ,but i could use some advice on why not to get a bob cat?

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
So im about to purchase my first tractor ever. Just got my hands on a 5 acres. Been talking to my local kubota dealer about a B2601. Ive also been in contact with the local Bob cat dealer about there ct2025.
So i know this is a Kubota chat line ,but i could use some advice on why not to get a bob cat?
Welcome. Bobcat ( tractors) are made by kioti or they were anyways. I think kioti has really stepped up there game to compete with with John Deere and Kubota. They are actually 3rd in sales in compact tractor sales market. Bobcat being a construction focused company will charge a lot more for the same parts that Kioti will. You are paying for the bobcat emblem. I looked into kioti/bobcat found here anyways the tractor and service parts were cheaper to go kioti. Now also depends on dealer too for sales and service. Now if your looking at comparing the two models see what feels better for your needs. Usually kioti/bobcat will have a bit stronger loaders compared to Kubota but don’t let that be a selling point , not always a good thing. Kubota will hands down be better at resale if that ever comes to happen. I don’t think you will regret any of them they are all good tractors. Whatever you choose stay safe happy tractoring

Reactions: 1 users

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
The dealer is always a big part of the equation. There are good and bad dealers for all brands.

Reactions: 1 user

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I dislike talking "smack" about other tractor brands, so I won't, and I have zero previous "Tractor'N" experience.

I bought my Kubota based on their "reputation".

A guy I know has a 'medium'ish" landscape company ( 50 to 70 people).and he swears by his Kubota tractors.

He suggested that I look around at the local 'Rent All" places and see what they have for rent.....Lots of Kubota it turns out.

I try not to buy "the new guys" stuff, but rather "tend" to buy 'Ole Reliable' stuff.........Hence my proclivity to buy Yamaha, Kubota, and Cummins.......

YMMV, but good luck brother.

Either way your getting a tractor so.....(y)(y)(y)

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
...but i could use some advice on why not to get a bob cat?
Well, Bobcat quit the tractor business once... but came back into it.

Both Kioti and Bobcat tractors are built in S. Korea by Daedong. Daedong puts their own name on similar tractors as well. Bobcat can easily drop the tractor line again... which as long as Kioti makes parts for it might not be a problem.

My 2 cents, buy the Kubota.... (but this is an Orange tractor forum!!!)

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Congrats on your 5 acres and for looking to purchase your first tractor! That’s exciting!

You haven’t listed any tasks/chores/jobs you have planned for your tractor so it’s difficult to get into any detail. However, I’ve owned a Kubota B2601 and it is a great tractor! I highly recommend it!

I currently own the L2501 because I needed more weight and more loader capacity for the jobs I perform on my property.

I looked at lots of various brands while tractor shopping. In my area JD was by far the most expensive tractor brand. But, shockingly, Kubota wasn’t much more expensive than other competitors (Massey Ferguson, Kioti, New Holland, etc). For me, Kubota was an easy choice. In addition, I landed on Kubota because of their reputation, quality and high resale value (I experienced the high resale value when I sold the B2601).

Kubota has increased their pricing recently so I don’t know how competitive they currently are with the other brands.

Mike

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
As mentioned, try to quantify the tasks you intend to perform and many will be willing to give you advice on size.

As for the brands, I'm on my third Kubota but have been open to others. Bobcat was one of them. While shopping for my 4th tractor (ended up with my second Kubota) in 2012 I wanted something of at least 30HP. I looked at a Bobcat CT335 that was for sale by a private party. Liked it and told him I'd take it. Then he began to have all sorts of excuses for not getting together and eventually stopped communicating.

The only negative thing with the Bobcat was having that white hood reflecting the sun. It's bad enough with a clean orange hood.