I just bought a l1802. Can I fit a front loader?

HeartfieldProject

Equipment
L1802
Jun 18, 2024
South Wales, UK
Hello every!

Thankyou for having me!

So I took the plunge and got myself a Kubota! It's an l1802. It doesn't have any hydraulic lines or anything for front loader, or for any rear hydraulic attachments. Is it a possibility of fitting these? I assume you would just run another line from the pump for the 3 point linkage? Correct me if I'm wrong ofcourse! It will be a steep learning curve for me! The last time I had a tractor, it was a David brown and I was a teenager!

Thankyou in advance for any replys and advice gratefully received in any aspect of owning an l1802!!!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Heart,

Not what you want to hear - but here goes, your machine is at least 30 years old and to fit it with a loader would be more expensive than the tractor that you just bought.

Here is something that you need to understand - you will need the subframe mounting kit for that machine, then the loader, then the hydraulic lines, IF YOU found that needle in the haystack, it would be somewhat expensive to say the least.

Here is a picture of a loader on your machine - I would say finding anything to fit will be crazy $$$

1718743519912.png

HeartfieldProject

Equipment
L1802
Jun 18, 2024
South Wales, UK
Heart,

Not what you want to hear - but here goes, your machine is at least 30 years old and to fit it with a loader would be more expensive than the tractor that you just bought.

Here is something that you need to understand - you will need the subframe mounting kit for that machine, then the loader, then the hydraulic lines, IF YOU found that needle in the haystack, it would be somewhat expensive to say the least.

Here is a picture of a loader on your machine - I would say finding anything to fit will be crazy $$$

View attachment 131064
Thankyou for the reply.
It's what I thought to be honest, but no harm in asking! I guess if I see and completely ruined l1802 for sale with a front loader I could buy it for the loader. Not holding out hope though!
But how about having hydraulics for rear attachment? Is that also unfeasible?
Many thanks again!

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thankyou for the reply.
It's what I thought to be honest, but no harm in asking! I guess if I see and completely ruined l1802 for sale with a front loader I could buy it for the loader. Not holding out hope though!
But how about having hydraulics for rear attachment? Is that also unfeasible?
Many thanks again!
See this thread for a common way to tap into the tractor hydraulic system.

Do you have anything similar to that? You can take pictures of your tractor starting at the pump moving back along the pipe that is the pump outlet.

My L185 has a similar block that is on top of the transmission at the front of the seat.

Even if you don’t have the block you can simply cut that pipe and use elbows to run to the rear remote valve and back to the other elbow.