Hydrostatic Tractor Slowing Down

waxahachie

Equipment
B3300SU
May 18, 2014
waxahachie, tx, USA
Last fall I bought a new Hydrostatic Kubota B3300SU. Has 24 hours now. When I am mowing (open field, no hills) the tractor sometimes goes much slower than other times. All the grass is similar height (short)
Called the Dealer, Deen Implement, and service manager thought I was a nut, said he had never heard anything similar in 35 years, but would talk to Kubota. He never called back.
Does anyone have any ideas ?

mhd12

Equipment
b3300su
Dec 1, 2013
Raymond,N.H.
I also have b3300su and mine does the same mostly in reverse though. Have 50 hrs. on mine going to change to super udt if that don't help then its off to the dealer

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Can't speak directly with experience of the HST, my L3200 is gear drive, but I understand that a great deal of the time issues with the HST are around the linkages to the pedal.

You may have something stuck or is sticking, making you think you are full down when you aren't. I'd clean and lube up the HST pedal and make sure a metal sliver or bit of debris isn't in there.

I was told by 2 different dealers that the #1 problem with the HST is owners failing to clean and lube the pedal and linkages on a regular basis. One suggested every 20 hours! :eek: He said it was a quick job but the most overlooked on. That sounded excessive to me.