Hydraulic Test Equipment

PedalX3

Equipment
2150BHST / LA350
Jul 13, 2022
Wappinger Falls, N.Y.
Hello All,

I have a B2150HST with hydraulic issues related to travel power. There are test adaptor kits and such to troubleshoot this issue that are no longer produced through Kubota. Can anyone provide success with an alternate resource? I have test gauges and hoses with quick disconnects and adaptors but it's more generic than brand specific to Kubota. I'd hate to have to bring a 90's machine to the dealer if I don't need to.

Thanks in advance

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello All,

I have a B2150HST with hydraulic issues related to travel power. There are test adaptor kits and such to troubleshoot this issue that are no longer produced through Kubota. Can anyone provide success with an alternate resource? I have test gauges and hoses with quick disconnects and adaptors but it's more generic than brand specific to Kubota. I'd hate to have to bring a 90's machine to the dealer if I don't need to.

Thanks in advance
You have gauges and hoses. All you need is adapters to connect to the test points. Got an example of something that's Kubota specific?

Dan

PedalX3

Equipment
2150BHST / LA350
Jul 13, 2022
Wappinger Falls, N.Y.
You have gauges and hoses. All you need is adapters to connect to the test points. Got an example of something that's Kubota specific?

Dan

For starters, testing the pressures for high relief and charge relief appear to need an adaptor that has some length to it according to the illustration. I have not crawled beneath this thing yet so I assume I'm not dealing with NPT threads being a Japanese machine.

Tim

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
For starters, testing the pressures for high relief and charge relief appear to need an adaptor that has some length to it according to the illustration. I have not crawled beneath this thing yet so I assume I'm not dealing with NPT threads being a Japanese machine.

Tim
The manual says the test ports are PT 1/4 which is British Standard Taper Pipe.

The pictures in my downloaded msnual are so bad I can't really see but sounds like "long connector" is just a 1/4" BSPT pipe nipple.

Dan

PedalX3

Equipment
2150BHST / LA350
Jul 13, 2022
Wappinger Falls, N.Y.
The manual says the test ports are PT 1/4 which is British Standard Taper Pipe.

The pictures in my downloaded msnual are so bad I can't really see but sounds like "long connector" is just a 1/4" BSPT pipe nipple.

Dan

Thank you for the insight Dan, I must have missed that. I thought BPT was British Standard. Either way, there may be some hope that I can fashion some fittings to assist with my troubleshooting. Stay tuned as I'm just getting started on this and will post more as I go along. Thank you!

Tim

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thank you for the insight Dan, I must have missed that. I thought BPT was British Standard. Either way, there may be some hope that I can fashion some fittings to assist with my troubleshooting. Stay tuned as I'm just getting started on this and will post more as I go along. Thank you!

Tim
You are welcome

FYI

PT is the Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS) designation for BSPT (R thread).

PS is the JIS designation for BSPP (G thread).

McMaster has 1/4" BSPT x NPT stainless nipples in various lengths ($5 to 10).

Dan

PedalX3

Equipment
2150BHST / LA350
Jul 13, 2022
Wappinger Falls, N.Y.
Dan,

So a bit off topic here. Is there a difference between a B2150HST and a B2150HD? My cowling around the dash and steering column says HST but the stamping on the side of the transmission body says HD. I've seen the HD referenced in other posts and thought they were typos. Just curious because my Kubota WSM is for an HST but the illustrations don't completely match my machine, in particular where the high pressure relief valves should be as well as the test ports. My first deep look into this so I was not aware otherwise when I purchased the manual.

Tim

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Dan,

So a bit off topic here. Is there a difference between a B2150HST and a B2150HD? My cowling around the dash and steering column says HST but the stamping on the side of the transmission body says HD. I've seen the HD referenced in other posts and thought they were typos. Just curious because my Kubota WSM is for an HST but the illustrations don't completely match my machine, in particular where the high pressure relief valves should be as well as the test ports. My first deep look into this so I was not aware otherwise when I purchased the manual.

Tim
B2150HD model number indicates B2150 HST with 4WD.

Dan