Hydraulic Hose Failure?

vmcelha100

Equipment
L3400
Jul 30, 2009
austin, Tx, USA
I have a L3400, 2006. It has 166 hrs. Yesterday, I jumped onboard, started and heard a strange tinny metalic rattle sound from under the seat. The Loader moved upwards very slowly with a studdering and the 3pt Auger moved up slowy after a long hesitation.

I attempted to drive it...no power steering. I assumed I lost hydr. pressure. I did find a small dark spot in the dirt directly below break pedal about 2 inch diameter. All my line look OK. My fluid looks great thru the window.

An equipment service guy suspects my Hydraulic Suction Hose has failed. Has anyone epxerienced the same and is it an easy repair for a shade tree wrencher. :confused: HELP

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
No one likes touching this stuff even in a forum of friends but if I were you, I'd purchase the Works Shop Manual for your serial number and go ahead and drop the oil eventhough you are below the 200 hour hydraulic service interval and strain the fluid for metal. Examine the return oil strainer for small filings and use a magnet to determine iron Vs brass and alum small particles. Strainer location will be in the ops manual. The fact you have hydraulic shutter in the acturator ( cylinder function ) and a lack of power steering ( priority valve malfunction ) leads me to believe you have "junk in your trunk". Here's a question back to you... is your transmission shifting like it did when new or do you have to grind them until you find them? 1-2-3-4 ranges??? old Ob1...

vmcelha100

Equipment
L3400
Jul 30, 2009
austin, Tx, USA
Thanks for advice. It was the hydrolic suction hose. Looks like paint on hose create failure $27 and 10 minutes later I am 100%functional.
I was expecting more confirmation replies. This is explained to me as a common problem. Surprised knowone else experienced this.