Hydraulic fluid cooler

Donm560

Equipment
BX1800
May 7, 2023
Orangetractor71
I am told that my bx1800 hydraulic fluid is heating up and allowing the bypass to activate and stopping the PTO. I have changed the fluid, am using the right fluid, have rebuilt the PTO clutches and replaced the bypass spring to still have the problem. Operation in 70-80 degree temps don’t cause the bypass problem. Everything else works great.
Here are my questions:

Should I install the cooling grid on the line as it comes out of the transmission case going toward the steering or just prior to it being dumped back into the case?

What size are the rubber hoses and connections, will have to have custom ones made. Cooling grid is 1/2 inch OD and will have to use compression fittings with clamps. I am going to mount it near the front of the bx to allow air to flow over it freely.

any other things I should check or do?
Are there other options?
Any other suggestions appreciated.
Thanks

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
I am told that my bx1800 hydraulic fluid is heating up and allowing the bypass to activate and stopping the PTO.
What is the hydraulic oil temperature?
What is the hydraulic oil pressure at the PTO pressure test port?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I am told that my bx1800 hydraulic fluid is heating up and allowing the bypass to activate and stopping the PTO. I have changed the fluid, am using the right fluid, have rebuilt the PTO clutches and replaced the bypass spring to still have the problem. Operation in 70-80 degree temps don’t cause the bypass problem. Everything else works great.
Here are my questions:

Should I install the cooling grid on the line as it comes out of the transmission case going toward the steering or just prior to it being dumped back into the case?

What size are the rubber hoses and connections, will have to have custom ones made. Cooling grid is 1/2 inch OD and will have to use compression fittings with clamps. I am going to mount it near the front of the bx to allow air to flow over it freely.

any other things I should check or do?
Are there other options?
Any other suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
Hot oil does not cause the "bypass valve" to open. More likely the clutch actuator is Ieaking.

Dan