Hydraulic cylinder seal kits

nmiller68

Equipment
L3130 GST
Apr 14, 2024
Florida
Does anyone know where you can get a 7J267-63400 seal kit for my boom cylinder other than Kubota? Last time I purchased the kit it was almost $250.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Your local hydraulic repair shop should be able to match up what you have with what they have. It might be worthwhile to have them do the complete job since this will be the second time that you are doing this job. When was the last time that you replaced the seals, and why does it need to be done again?

nmiller68

Equipment
L3130 GST
Apr 14, 2024
Florida
Your local hydraulic repair shop should be able to match up what you have with what they have. It might be worthwhile to have them do the complete job since this will be the second time that you are doing this job. When was the last time that you replaced the seals, and why does it need to be done again?
Probably almost three years ago. The loader gets heavy use moving hay, pulling posts, moving rock and dirt.

I had done all four when I purchased this tractor used. It had sat for a long while and they all leaked when I first got it.

Reactions: 1 user

jiggseob

Equipment
B6200 HST with Allied loader, Muratori 48" hyd side shift tiller
Nov 12, 2023
Round Hill, Alberta, Canada
If the cylinder is only leaking oil to the outside, you should only require the rod-seal. If the cylinder leaks-down, as in the load comes down, that may be either the piston seal or the control valve. Either or both. I just did cylinder seals on the loader of my L3130 using dealer parts; without inquiring I just told them to bring in the "seal kit". I just about s^!# myself when it was 220 canadian pesos. The last time I got a full set of seals for a 4" cultivator wing cylinder from the hydraulic shop, it was about $40.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I have bought seals from Hercules Sealing Products with good results. They sell by either application or by dimensions. Don’t know if they have what you need.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I googled the pART NUMBER AND 2ND HIT..

oopsy..dang caps lock key and dead finger, great combo....

• Haha

nmiller68

Equipment
L3130 GST
Apr 14, 2024
Florida
Thank you all. I looked at the supplied site and will probably order new kits. Cylinder does not drop at all just leaking at the point where the piston enters. I will do more research as this was probably an issue I caused. The seals were so bad when I purchased the machine that I could not determine the orientation of those two. May have made a mistake.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Does anyone know where you can get a 7J267-63400 seal kit for my boom cylinder other than Kubota? Last time I purchased the kit it was almost $250.
Three seal replacements in as many years?

This is an aftermarket replacement cylinder. Note price and dimensions.

A near perfect mstch for the OEM dimensions at a considerably lower price.

Dan

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yeesh only 7 seals( #040 ) for $$$$ !!! I can buy a new one from Princess Auto for LESS ($219 CDN ). $10 for Kubota Orange spray bomb from Home Hardware.....
leaking at the end of cylinder where ram comes out could be worn ram or micropitting from water sitting there...

Attachments

nmiller68

Equipment
L3130 GST
Apr 14, 2024
Florida
Three seal replacements in as many years?

This is an aftermarket replacement cylinder. Note price and dimensions.

A near perfect mstch for the OEM dimensions at a considerably lower price.

Dan
No I replaced them three years ago. Not three times only once.

jiggseob

Equipment
Nov 12, 2023
The "near perfect match" of an off-the-shelf replacement cylinder, if one cylinder of an operating pair is replaced and the other not, there is the potential for the difference in piston area and length to have an undesired un-equal effect during operation. In the case above, the 0.40 inch difference in retracted length may or may not be a problem. If the bucket-tilt cylinders fully retract to a different pin-to-pin length, that will tend to twist the bucket. Is 0.4 inch of twist enough to worry about? Probably not.

The 2" (52mm) off-the-shelf bore versus 50mm factory cylinder bore would be a difference in piston area and a resulting difference in force at a given pressure, and difference in travel from a given volume of flow. Cylinders in an operating pair are usually connected parallel, so pressures equalize across the full circuit, and in the case of different sized cylinder bores, the force applied will be different. I haven't bothered to calculate the force difference, my thought is it the force difference between 50mm and 52mm would not be enough to worry about, near perfect enough to work just fine. Its not like we always perfectly center the weight of everything we pick up.

Having just gone through $400 in parts from my dealership to repair one bucket-tilt cylinder; $220 for seal kit and $180 for replacing the stripped-out head; I am at a similar spend as TWO new off the shelf cylinders from Princess Auto. My "re-learning" from this process has shown me again to ALWAYS check pricing of dealer parts before committing to buying. I find that Kubota parts from dealership are sometimes reasonable, sometimes nuts. Always check pricing against alternatives.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The "near perfect match" of an off-the-shelf replacement cylinder, if one cylinder of an operating pair is replaced and the other not, there is the potential for the difference in piston area and length to have an undesired un-equal effect during operation. In the case above, the 0.40 inch difference in retracted length may or may not be a problem. If the bucket-tilt cylinders fully retract to a different pin-to-pin length, that will tend to twist the bucket. Is 0.4 inch of twist enough to worry about? Probably not.

The 2" (52mm) off-the-shelf bore versus 50mm factory cylinder bore would be a difference in piston area and a resulting difference in force at a given pressure, and difference in travel from a given volume of flow. Cylinders in an operating pair are usually connected parallel, so pressures equalize across the full circuit, and in the case of different sized cylinder bores, the force applied will be different. I haven't bothered to calculate the force difference, my thought is it the force difference between 50mm and 52mm would not be enough to worry about, near perfect enough to work just fine. Its not like we always perfectly center the weight of everything we pick up.

Having just gone through $400 in parts from my dealership to repair one bucket-tilt cylinder; $220 for seal kit and $180 for replacing the stripped-out head; I am at a similar spend as TWO new off the shelf cylinders from Princess Auto. My "re-learning" from this process has shown me again to ALWAYS check pricing of dealer parts before committing to buying. I find that Kubota parts from dealership are sometimes reasonable, sometimes nuts. Always check pricing against alternatives.
Apparently I was not explicit enough. Quit throwing parts at the old cylinders. Replace them both with two brand new cylinders for $438 delivered and be done with it for another 20 years.

Dan

Last edited:

jiggseob

Equipment
Nov 12, 2023
Dan TheOldHokie, you are exactly correct. Putting seal kit into my bucket tilt cylinder was a waste of time and money.