Hooking up l2501 front and rear third function at the same time (grapple and backhoe)

light24bulbs

Equipment
L2501
Oct 11, 2024
Washington state
It is time for us to install our used new BH77 backhoe on our used new l2501 tractor which came with a grapple

Dear god does this installation manual absolutely stink. Anyway, the manual wants us to disconnect the grapple hydraulics and connect the backhoe rear hookups to the spot and then: ???

My rudimentary understanding of hydraulics tells me that probably the backhoe and grapple can be put in series so that both can stay hooked up without another quick-connect to swap around. Can anyone tell me: is the third function kit I have (as pictured) open center? If so does that mean that I can take the outlet of one loop and connect it to the intake of the next and run both the grapple and backhoe on the same "circuit". Is that the right thing to do? Is there a particular order in which to do it? Have any of you done it and if so could you explain or even better provide photos?

I would have thought I could find a thread about this but all I can find are vague references. If anyone knows better please link me.
1000023285.jpg

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
It is time for us to install our used new BH77 backhoe on our used new l2501 tractor which came with a grapple

Dear god does this installation manual absolutely stink. Anyway, the manual wants us to disconnect the grapple hydraulics and connect the backhoe rear hookups to the spot and then: ???

My rudimentary understanding of hydraulics tells me that probably the backhoe and grapple can be put in series so that both can stay hooked up without another quick-connect to swap around. Can anyone tell me: is the third function kit I have (as pictured) open center? If so does that mean that I can take the outlet of one loop and connect it to the intake of the next and run both the grapple and backhoe on the same "circuit". Is that the right thing to do? Is there a particular order in which to do it? Have any of you done it and if so could you explain or even better provide photos?

I would have thought I could find a thread about this but all I can find are vague references. If anyone knows better please link me.
View attachment 139686
Stop look and listen:

1) Mount the male and female backhoe couplers to the rear of the tractor using the pipes, fittings, and brackets that came with the backhoe.

2) Remove the hose that goes from the T port on the 3rd function valve to the outlet block under the right floor board. Do n9tvrem9ve the adapter fitting in the block.

3) Using a longer hose (from the BH77 kit???) connect the T port on the 3rd function valve to the backhoe supply line/coupler at the rear.

4) Using the hose that came with the backhoe (???) connect the backhoe return coupler to the fitting on rhe hydraulic block under the right floorboard

Done.

Dan

light24bulbs

Equipment
L2501
Oct 11, 2024
Washington state
Stop look and listen:

1) Mount the male and female backhoe couplers to the rear of the tractor using the pipes, fittings, and brackets that came with the backhoe.

2) Remove the hose that goes from the T port on the 3rd function valve to the outlet block under the right floor board. Do n9tvrem9ve the adapter fitting in the block.

3) Using a longer hose (from the BH77 kit???) connect the T port on the 3rd function valve to the backhoe supply line/coupler at the rear.

4) Using the hose that came with the backhoe (???) connect the backhoe return coupler to the fitting on rhe hydraulic block under the right floorboard

Done.

Dan
So connect the backhoe inlet to the 3rd-function (grapple) outlet. Got it, thanks.