Help Identifying power steering on 1980 L245DT

Falconman

Equipment
1980 L245DT
Jun 25, 2024
Texas
Hey guys my dad just picked up what we think is a 1980 L245DT with a Ford 770 Loader on the front of it. Its got Add on power steering that has got a small leak. And I can't seem to figure out who made it so I can locate a re-seal kit for it before it gets too bad There is a metal tag on it that is quite faded now. It does say L295DT on it and gives a serial #1389. This setup seems to have its own hydraulic pump separate from the main one on the engine Anyone that might have some info on it would be greatly appreciated! Here are some pics of the unit, tag and pump

Attachments

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
This was a dealer installed option from Kubota. I will see if I can find a book on it. There weren't many of them sold. I would doubt Kubota would have parts for it anymore. I would say your best bet is to go to a hydraulic shop and see if they could match the seals up. It should be running off the tractor hydraulics. I doubt that it has a separate pump.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What your showing does not show it being run by a separate pump it shows it tied into the main hydraulics.
That add on hydraulic steering assist has LONG been obsolete.
I would pull the whole unit and take it to a hydraulic shop and see if they can get you seals.

Reactions: 1 user

Falconman

Equipment
1980 L245DT
Jun 25, 2024
Texas
Thanks for the help guys, sort of had this dropped in my lap by my dad. These are a bit different from the cars I'm used to working on. The steering is low priority right now just wanted to be able to find a parts source before hand. Trying to get the hydraulics to work correctly for the loader, its super slow and jerky...guy my dad bought it from was putting AW-32 in the transmission and when I pulled the strainer, it was clogged to the point that it had collapsed. So waiting on a new strainer to get here before I can work on it any more

Reactions: 1 user