GR2100 cutting unevenly

sxh527

Equipment
GR2100
Apr 30, 2010
Akron, OH
Hi everyone,
Any idea what could be wrong? The deck is attached properly so why am I getting "lines" in my grass with each pass?? thanks

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Check tire pressure all the way around. That can cause you to cut lines in the grass. Also check the anti-scalp wheels and make sure they are all equal matching in height. The deck could be out of adjustment on one side ever so slightly that you wont see it or really notice it on the mower deck until you start cutting. Double check everything.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Sure thing. Let us know what you find out. I dare say its probably going to be as simple as one tire has low air pressure. Happens to me all the time.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Ditto on what Eric said. You catch a post or something when you are mowing and think nothing of it just a little bump nothing serious. Or the low tire thing when you are out in the boonies somewhere. Very very very annoying.:D Dusty

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I think I'm about to say what dusty mentioned, not really sure.

But bad blades will do exactly what you have, lines. If you have been hitting stuff with the blades expect lines, it's gonna happen. Drop the deck, flip it and inspect your blades. I have a hunch you're gonna be buying some more.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah thats another good point too. Blades get bent all around and out of balance if you nail enough tree roots and other objects in the yard.