Good Canopy for L3710?

Mr Haney

Equipment
L3710
May 23, 2022
FL
I just ripped out some shrubs the people who built this house should never have planted. I had to go in the house twice because of the heat, and the tractor's seat was like a steam iron after a couple of minutes in direct sunlight.

I used to think canopies were stupid, but I am reconsidering. I thought a canopy wouldn't help much, but maybe any help is better than nothing.

Is there a particular canopy Kubota people love? I haven't found a Kubota part, but I see there are a number of aftermarket canopies.

Reactions: 1 user

Tim Horton

Mar 22, 2018
Lake Superior
I have seen a number of posts about people using golf cart roofs (2 seat?, 4 seat?) and making homemade frames to mount them to there tractors.. At one time I was going to look into that as an OEM canopy for the tractor I had then was out of this world expensive..

Reactions: 1 user

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
Golf cart roof; check your local CL or FBMP. I got two for $50 each; one for my Kubota tractor and one for my Kubota ZTR.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I don’t have one on my current tractor because so much of my use is in the woods. Based on past experience, if you’re spending a good bit of time in the open sun a canopy will feel a good bit cooler. If you do get a canopy, maybe consider U-bolting a 12V fan on the ROPs. A bit of shade and a little breeze can make a big difference.

At the risk of being Captain Obvious, if you trailer it, either take the canopy off or you’ll need one rated for trailering.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
I also went the golf cart route. Couldn't pry my wallet open enough to get the cash out for what they sold them for. I thought it was an easier project to build it... are you looking for one that's turn key?

If you are interest in building one, I somewhat wrote it up here: https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...e-they-good-to-have-or-not.48939/#post-431600

Few things to note, you'll hear your engine noise more. Without a canopy, make sure you flip your seat up over the steering wheel so the sun doesn't heat it up much (that's how I rolled for a long time).

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don’t have one on my current tractor because so much of my use is in the woods. Based on past experience, if you’re spending a good bit of time in the open sun a canopy will feel a good bit cooler. If you do get a canopy, maybe consider U-bolting a 12V fan on the ROPs. A bit of shade and a little breeze can make a big difference.

At the risk of being Captain Obvious, if you trailer it, either take the canopy off or you’ll need one rated for trailering.
I took the canopy off my L48TLB.
I repainted, and stored it.
A real nuisance among trees.
If it is HOT outside, I just don't use my tractor.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
My dealer installed this steel canopy on my tractor before delivering it. It’s solid and they transported the tractor five hours on state highways with the canopy installed. These are far better than most that need to be removed before traveling.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I took the canopy off my L48TLB.
I repainted, and stored it.
A real nuisance among trees.
If it is HOT outside, I just don't use my tractor.
You could have gotten a smaller tractor, like mine :) . I've learned to appreciate that canopy, I do need to take it off and paint it.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You could have gotten a smaller tractor, like mine :) . I've learned to appreciate that canopy, I do need to take it off and paint it.
The ONLY way I would change size from my L48TLB,.......is UP!
Up...... to an M62!