Good box scraper with hydraulic rippers for 35 HP tractor (27 HP at the PTO)?

bennynihon

Jun 28, 2024
WA
I recently purchased a used B3350, which is 35 HP (27 HP at the PTO). I'd like to get a box blade that has hydraulic rippers, but I'm not finding many options. There's the Land Pride HR2572, but their website claims it's for 30+ HP tractors (which I'm assuming they're specifying at the PTO, since it is a three point attachment). I'd be just shy of that at 27 HP. While I still me be able to operate this to my satisfaction, it still would be the biggest implement I own (all fall in the 60-66" range). So I'm curious if there are slightly smaller options. Or is there a way to add hydraulic rippers to another box blade, such as the BB1260? Or would you just go with the HR2572? Thanks for any advice.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
They would be basing the hp as engine hp since it doesn't have a pto. You will probably be more limited by the weight of the B3350 pulling it vs using a heavier L series.

bennynihon

Jun 28, 2024
WA
They would be basing the hp as engine hp since it doesn't have a pto. You will probably be more limited by the weight of the B3350 pulling it vs using a heavier L series.
Ah, yeah that was stupid of me to say. Definitely not a PTO implement. So I guess I'm now really just looking for recommendations for smaller box scrapers than the HR2572 that also have hydraulic rippers.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I think a former member on here retrofitted hydraulic rippers to a boxblade. Was it Sled dog? Can anyone remember who it was?