Fuel pump - Kubota BX1500

Kubota Joe 1500

Equipment
BX1500
May 14, 2021
PA
My Kubota BX1500 keeps killing fuel pumps. In the past, whenever I turned on the key, i could hear the electric fuel pump begin clicking away. 3 weeks ago, i went to use it and the engine statrted but quickly died like it was out of fuel. After a few attempts at restarting, i noticed that i was not hearing the clicking when the key was turned on. I got my meter and verified that i was getting 12v at the input connector with the key on. I removed the fuel pump and tested it by applying 12v directly off the battery. Nothing happened. I ordered a replacement aftermarket pump. I installed and connected this pump. Key on, clicking is heard and engine starts. I thought my problem was solved but after 2 weeks and only a few running hours, I had the same problem again. I took all the same diagnostic steps and that fuel pump was as dead as the first one.I ordered another pump, which installed and problem solved. Now 2 weeks later, the tractor sputtered and stopped and it seems that yet another pump has failed.
Does anyone out there recognize these symptoms and have any advice for me? Could watery fuel rust these up so quickly? The fuel in the tank is 2 years old some tank condensation is suspected but i've previously installed a fuel/water separator which i drain on a regular basis.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Most likely the fuel pump that you purchased was of inferior quality. When I needed a new pump for my BX22, I started searching eBay and found a wide variety of pumps at varying price points. I started reading the comments of the buyers and realized that some of the cheap pumps were not of good quality. I spent a little more for a pump that had good reviews and as far as I know it is still pumping today for the new owner. He hasn't called to complain.