Front mount snow blower for an L3800

babbledash

Equipment
Kubota B7800, Kubota ZD28, Kubota ZD25, Kubota RTV900
Aug 20, 2024
SE MN
I have several pieces of Kubota equipment, but have been light in the tractor category for a few years now. All I currently have a B7800 with a front mount blower/broom that operate off the mid using an undercarriage. Im going to have a VERY hard time giving up the front blower. I plow several hundred yards through various terrain (would be a stretch to be more diverse than me for the whole route).

That said, the B7800 is a Might Mite that is just way too tiny to effective for me. A higher horse L is likely the mark if I am going for a single machine, but then Im out of the mid-mounts unless the equipment is newer. I appreciate 10 year old equipment. I have a literal fleet compared to most of amazing running machines because of that tactic. I have a bead on a 2013 L3800 with 300 hours, loader, hog and back blade for 14k. It's a nuts steal, so hard to not take that path.

Let me know what kind of front mount options I could pull off. I am more talented than most with a welder and fabbing. That said, Im tired :). I am up any ideas. I am assuming it will be some external engine job hanging off the FEL QA. Any thoughts are appreciated no matter how crazy.

I know there are threads that have asked this, but they die pretty quick. I would like to brainstorm more if others are game.

EDIT: for awareness, I have had some 40 horse and 60 horse tractors on the property at times. They are ideal for my massive trees. That said, they are a bit big for snow and the like

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
Actually 40-60hp is in the proper range for me. I used to have a JD 1025R 23hp. That left 18hp going to the front blower. It struggled on 8 inches of wet snow. That, and I struggled being in -10 weather. Flash forward and I now have a Grand L 5460 with 46hp going to a front blower. I can now do in 45 minutes what used to take me 2 1/2 hours to do. And the heated cab puts more years into my ability to do the job.

8AE7B558-AA49-4D87-9301-864A02F57CC4_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user