First Kubota

Gamehunter

Equipment
L3800,LandPride Mower, Ford Flail Mower, Green Tiller
Apr 13, 2014
Cadillac,MI
I have decided to bite the bullet on a New Kubota L3800HST before the emissions come into effect. I have owned a Ford 2000, NH TC33d, and a NH TZ22. My son wants to buy the TZ from me and it gave me the opportunity to buy a new tractor. After going to all the dealers I decided on the Orange since dealer is 5 miles away and they were able to get the 3800 from another dealer for me. I go to sign on the paper work tomorrow and am wondering if there are any add ons you guys know of that I should get. I am going with Turf tires as I will be using tractor to get my yard but didn't know how Industrial's would do in tearing up the grass, some areas are very sandy. I am adding the QA bucket with load level bar. I was going to order the light kit but am thinking about using after market LED instead. I also have a Deere 48 tiller that I thought of trading towards a larger tiller to cover tracks. At this point my head is spinning till I get this all on paper and hope you guys can offer some advice. Thanks for any help in advance and look forward to chatting on the site.

eddiebob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680, JD 40
Mar 23, 2014
Poplarville, Mississippi
I just took delivery of a L3800 HST, just have not had time to play. One thing that is glaringly absent and easily fixed is this. The tractor is set up for dual (inner/outer) air filters but the inner filter is an option. Be sure they add it or pick one up at the dealer when you go there. Ed B

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
The right fender hand grip is about $30. I'd insist. If you are thinking about snow removal, find out if you will need wheel spacers for chains. Look up 'wheel spacers' on ebay for several good ones. You may also want the Kubota block heater for those really cold mornings.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
You will certainly be happy with the 3800, I bought mine last May. Yesterday I see I have 85 hours on it. Not one issue. I have the quick connect bucket with pallet forks, off and on in seconds. Started at -20* below with no block heater. It's one payment I certainly don't mind making.

Gamehunter

Equipment
Apr 13, 2014
Cadillac,MI
The right fender hand grip is about $30. I'd insist. If you are thinking about snow removal, find out if you will need wheel spacers for chains. Look up 'wheel spacers' on ebay for several good ones. You may also want the Kubota block heater for those really cold mornings.
Well ordered my L3800 this morning. Made sure I have the extra handle, cruise control, turf tires, filled( will add spacers later), LED front lights (UTV add on) QA bucket, bucket level rod, and cup holder, delivered $20,250. Should take delivery Friday and up here I may still get a chance to plow some snow with it.
Thanks for the help guys.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Looks like you are in for a long week of waiting! You are going to love it.
I'd save my $$ on the tiller - I'm still using my old Howard 40" Rotovator. Bigger would only save me a few hours a year. If it was days, I'd spring for it. I have the same trouble trying to justify a 72" bush hog, instead of my 60".
Send pictures; we love pictures.

Gamehunter

Equipment
Apr 13, 2014
Cadillac,MI
Looks like you are in for a long week of waiting! You are going to love it.
I'd save my $$ on the tiller - I'm still using my old Howard 40" Rotovator. Bigger would only save me a few hours a year. If it was days, I'd spring for it. I have the same trouble trying to justify a 72" bush hog, instead of my 60".
Send pictures; we love pictures.
While on the phone this morning with dealer we talked about the tiller and they were around $2500 for a new 66" and only offered me $700 for mine on trade. I decided to keep mine and to start looking into a no-till solution. The county has a truax 88 that they rent for $125 and Deere has a no till, not sure what size, that they rent for $200. I guess I am in no hurry in the near future as it will only give me more seat time with my equipment I already have.:D

Gamehunter

Equipment
Apr 13, 2014
Cadillac,MI
Well the new tractor is home and already had it up to it's front axle in mud. After cleaning it up I shot some pics for you guys.
[/URL][/IMG]

The next 2 pics are some extras done.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Looks Great with those turf tires! They also do about the best with chains in the winter... Thanks for the pictures!

Gamehunter

Equipment
Apr 13, 2014
Cadillac,MI
Very cool. Now about the mud WE LIKE DIRTY PICTURES as well :D
Well did it again, here's the dirty pics. It's just to wet around here. Trying to cut the cattails in front of the house, guess I'll wait till July.