Fire - warranty coverage?

Firefight100

Equipment
MX5200
Apr 3, 2021
63379 troy mo
It’s a VERY DIFFERENT WORLD we live in today….

Just today…I had to take my cell phone in for replacement because it’s been acting crazy. My $700 Motorola is 10 years old…so I had to replace it with a $1K Samsung…. which is SO GOODDAM COMPLICATED it cannot be used for a couple weeks until I figure it out…. but MeanWhile, I’ve lost years of data, msges, and images in the transfer…DESPITE my paying an additional $30 for Verizon to “transfer all data”…..and Now I’m paying $120/mo for telephone service….plus $30 / mo for service-add-ons I don’t even know if I need or not…. and now I’m Home with it (after six-hours wasted while they charged me $30 to transfer data …none-of-which can I find on the new phone at all)…. then there’s the “warranty” on the new device …which was not honored on the Old Device (because I’d supposedly cracked the screen in a place I’d never noticed…so the $4/mo I’ve been paying for a decade didn’t cover the replacement phone it was intended to for…
…. the point being that a $29 monthly bill for my 1960’s/1970’s telephone…has morphed into a $120/mo service charge to service my $1K telephone that doesn’t cooperate with me DESPITE being sold to me on the basis that it WOULD BE AN EXACT REPLACEMENT ITEM…. ..……

…this is a repeat of the Cable-Television Bait-and-Switch pulled when we were sold cable TV which would have no advertisements….. but nowadays actually spends 10-mins on adverts after every 7-mins of Actual-programming.…

I’m FED UP!
Motorola actually has there phones on sale. Just bought the Motorola Think Phone for 399. usd. Compatible with V, ATT, Tm. And Red Pocket offers an all and everything plan for 30 a month. So save yourself some dough.
Now back to tractors...

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
That musta been a Looooong time ago!
That "drop-dead gorgeous petite brunette" is long gone from the airline world.
Her daughter is there now.
She cannot even fit through a wide open Alaska over wing emergency exit! ;)
That's not nice! Show a little respect. Everyone is not as your imagination has imprinted your brain. :unsure:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
That's not nice! Show a little respect. Everyone is not as your imagination has imprinted your brain. :unsure:
I was not trying to be nice,......
I was just trying to be realistic.
Had any airline flights lately?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This is what I was referring to. "She cannot even fit through a wide open Alaska over wing emergency exit!
I did understand what you were referring to!
Facts are facts..
In years past, "flight attendants" were called "stewardesses", and had to go through "weight check" by a supervisor, prior to their checking in for a series of flights.

It is really a safety issue, .......but the world is no longer sane.
Now it is DEI, and must hire, and never fire,.... some can only barely fit sideways, through the emergency exits, .....on a good day .

I spent 33+ years observing this (safety) requirement slowly degrade.

Flight attendants will always tell you that THEY are there for YOUR safety.
They are expected to conduct a complete evacuation, from a full aircraft, in less than 90 seconds.

Your priority though, is ignoring reality/capability....and instead,..... just being.... "nice"?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user