Extra Security Protection

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
My father used to say, “A lock only stops an honest man.” I tend to agree, and the advent of affordable battery powered angle grinders hasn’t helped much with the efficacy of locks, chains, and cable for security.

Obviously the fewer people that know it’s there the better. Certainly shouldn’t be visible on a casual drive by. If it has a loader, maybe consider using a battery powered impact to pop the front wheels off so you can take them with you when you leave. It could still be stolen, but it would be a PITA. Pretty sure using the loader for a jack and my relatively affordable Milwaukee M18 impact I could have the front wheels off my L, front set down on blocks, and wheels in the back of my truck in less than 5 minutes.

The real goal isn’t to make it impossible to steal; it’s to make it enough of a PITA to convince thieves to find an easier target.

Reactions: 3 users

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
How far away is this property? You haven’t mentioned why a trailer to keep the tractor with you isn’t being considered. How frequently are you on site?

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
If you have cell service at the property, I use Moultrie Edge cameras and a solar battery packs. Load the camera with lithium battery's from sams club, charge the battery pack. No need to touch it for three months. I use them for security around my property. Unlimited photos is $160. A year. Or cheaper monthly plans also.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users