Everything Attachments says on Fb they are back

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Hope it works out for them. I know that some customers got the short end of the stick because of it all.

But they make mighty good equipment. Just need to get their business practices all ship shape.

Reactions: 1 user

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hope it works out for them. I know that some customers got the short end of the stick because of it all.

But they make mighty good equipment. Just need to get their business practices all ship shape.
Ted states in the video $2.3 million dollars worth or credit card refunds have been processed. Seems like a decent outcome considering worst case scenarios.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Ted states in the video $2.3 million dollars worth or credit card refunds have been processed. Seems like a decent outcome considering worst case scenarios.
I’d like to hear from someone here who received a refund.

Reactions: 1 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
hmm....did EA repay those CC purchases or did the CC companies themselves ?
There is a HUGE difference.
Even IF the C/C companies reimbursed those affected, THEIR recourse would be with EA.

It is doubtful EA could re-emerge/restructure as a solvent company without having some arrangement for restitution with the parties involved.

Bankruptcy events are often messy and the company involved may at some point not have much control over how it all shakes out....especially with respect to unfilled orders, last production, etc....

But it is my 'hope' that they can salvage the company, its former good reputation and continue to offer superior products. Lessons learned.....of course.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
It is doubtful EA could re-emerge/restructure as a solvent company without having some arrangement for restitution with the parties involved.
Suppliers aka "creditors" get hosed and are lucky to see $0.0001 for every dollar of goods and services stolen by the lawyers and receivers 10 years later.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I hope that they get it sorted out and can start back up, but they have a lot of trust to rebuild. That will take time, and may never be fully restored. The manner of how they shut down, and how people had to struggle so long to get reimbursed (if they did), goes beyond warm fuzzies and blind loyalty. I won't buy another implement money first/ship later- I hope that people have wised up- and there are some other US-based implement manufacturers emerging that I would trust more. I don't wish EA to fail or go away, but neither will I blindly trust them. Those days are past.

Reactions: 3 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
It'll be interesting to hear if ANYONE who lost their money, ACTUALLY tries to buy from EA a 2nd time.
Though it's been seen, time and time again that PTB was right.

I suspect the CC companies, will 'write off' their EA accounts as losses as there's no way EA gave the money back.

Vince1230

Equipment
Bx2370
May 13, 2022
Honey Grove,Pa
I got a credit from my cc company via a chargeback. No way would i do business with them again. Biggest factor was lack of response. I tried to email and call but never a response. Bad business will trump good product to me

Reactions: 2 users

skelley

Jul 27, 2022
USA
I got a credit from my cc company via a chargeback. No way would i do business with them again. Biggest factor was lack of response. I tried to email and call but never a response. Bad business will trump good product to me
How long ago was your chargeback successful against them?
I attempted a chargeback, but wasn't successful.

My timeline:
  • Ordered/Paid 8-10-23: 72" V2 Dual Edge Land Grader / Leveler With Ripper Shanks $3,312.84
  • Was quoted 3-4 month lead time when ordered. But I assumed it would probably take longer because that's how everything seems to be since the COVID disruptions.
    So I wasn't too concerned in Dec when it hadn't come yet. Really, just wanted to get it by Spring of this year. Because of that, I didn't hear the news about EA in time.
  • Come April 2024, I go to check on the status and find all the news about EA being out of business.
  • Opened a chargeback on 4-10-24 with CapitalOne, initially they gave me a temporary credit back.
  • However, on 5-9-24, I received a notification from CapitalOne that my chargeback/dispute was denied because it exceeded the disputable time period, and they reapplied the full charge onto my card.
I keep seeing everyone talk about their success with the dispute/chargeback, but I didn't have that success at all.
Wondering if my timeframe of Aug 2023 to dispute April 2024 is really different from all the people having success with theirs or what..

• Wow
  • Sad

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You ego was damaged, .....but bot your wallet!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

My timeline:
  • Ordered/Paid 8-10-23: 72" V2 Dual Edge Land Grader / Leveler With Ripper Shanks $3,312.84
  • Was quoted 3-4 month lead time when ordered. But I assumed it would probably take longer because that's how everything seems to be since the COVID disruptions.
    So I wasn't too concerned in Dec when it hadn't come yet. Really, just wanted to get it by Spring of this year. Because of that, I didn't hear the news about EA in time.
  • Come April 2024, I go to check on the status and find all the news about EA being out of business.
  • Opened a chargeback on 4-10-24 with CapitalOne, initially they gave me a temporary credit back.
  • However, on 5-9-24, I received a notification from CapitalOne that my chargeback/dispute was denied because it exceeded the disputable time period, and they reapplied the full charge onto my card.
I keep seeing everyone talk about their success with the dispute/chargeback, but I didn't have that success at all.
Wondering if my timeframe of Aug 2023 to dispute April 2024 is really different from all the people having success with theirs or what..
Your time lag of EIGHT months was obviously well outside the credit card company dispute requirements.
Just why did you wait so long to become curious/act?

Vince1230

Equipment
Bx2370
May 13, 2022
Honey Grove,Pa
I ordered in November and did the chargeback in February, i believe every credit card company could be different but the time period for mine was either 90 or 120 days to start the claim. I then got a temporary credit. I did send them artices and proof I did not recieve item. They did research and made it permenant. Most likely they received no response from EA.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan

My timeline:

I have been burned by the "dispute time line" using Bank of America. (not for an EA transaction)

It was/is a surprisingly short 60 days. ( I was told by BoA it is some sort of "minimum" by law or something)

https://www.bankofamerica.com/help/how-to-dispute-a-charge/

I have heard of some companies offering times up to 6 months, but can't recall ever seeing longer than that.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have been burned by the "dispute time line" using Bank of America. (not for an EA transaction)

It was/is a surprisingly short 60 days. ( I was told by BoA it is some sort of "minimum" by law or something)

https://www.bankofamerica.com/help/how-to-dispute-a-charge/

I have heard of some companies offering times up to 6 months, but can't recall ever seeing longer than that.
I have not done business with both AMEX, or BOA, for 20+ years,........similar reasons.