Sodbusterjr

Equipment
L 4310
Mar 13, 2024
Texas
Here is a new one for those searching for solutions on Error Code 20:

L 4060 LE HST
50 hours total. Tractor is 2023 model.
Used the tractor on a hot day in the morning for light gravel work. All was well. Stopped for lunch then tractor would not start and showed error code 20, something to the effect of communication error between the ECM and bus, whatever that means. My go to for problem solving is this forum and others noted problems with relays, broken safety switches, etc. I looked all over for damaged wires and switches but found none. Besides, tractor was totally fine 2 hours prior.

Tested the battery with volt meter, good shape. Disconnected battery to reset, no bueno. Charged battery some more, nada. Called dealership for ideas, service manager asked about battery. I did not have it load tested, but it showed 12.8 volts, 15 months old. must be a dead cell or short or something. One year warranty on OEM battery so out of luck. Got a new battery and that solved it.

Other than leaking hydraulic hoses and leaking steering mechanism, my old L 4310 2WD gear tractor without regen is perhaps more my type.

Granted it gets hot in this neck of the woods but 15 months for a battery is not very impressive. Could have been alot worse. Hope this helps others in their quest for solutions.