DIY Tire Ballast Fill B7100HST

TerryKing

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100HST-D
Hi Guys,

OK I just filled my Kubota B7100HST-D rear Turf tires with Windshield Washer Fluid -20F . Got 55 gallon drum from O'Reilly's for $140

They rolled the drum into the back of my Tahoe. Back home I put down a strap and rolled it up to my bucket:

TireFillB7100HST-01.JPG

Strap from hole in blade to chain hook.

TireFillB7100HST-02.JPG

Moved it to About Where I'd use it, put it down. Repositioned strap near top, hooked with a chain, tightened. Lifted to upright position, put it down with a couple back-forth trips.

Started to get set up together with pump, hose, fittings. UH OH don't have a barrel bung opener. Well, guess I do, sorta:

TireFillB7100HST-04.JPG

So here's the setup. SEE the FLAMMABLE LIQUID label??

CautionLabel.jpg

OK so 1/2 OD soft copper tubing 3 ft long. 1/2 " heater hose. RV drinking water pump, RV fittings to 1/2" 8Ft long grounding cable..

Grounding.jpg

Tractor Supply Slime adapter
8 foot wires with battery clips on pump. Here's the setup.
I figured: 33 inches of fluid = 55 Gallons so 1.66 gallons per inch. So I put the pickup tube down 10" and held it with visegrips. (Say 17 Gallons?) Jacked the wheel barely off the floor.
TireFillB7100HST-05.JPG

The adapter has a "burp" valve. I ran about 2 min sessions of pump, stop, burp. Ran 8 minutes of pump time. Checked and level in barrel almost at end of pickup so I stopped.. Removed hose connect end of adapter. Small spitout. Tire valve reinstalled, filled air to 20PSI.

Here's the pump I used: notice I connected negative lead to metal frame so it's grounded to tractor.
TireFillB7100HST-06.JPG

Happy to answer anything I can. I got lotsa help here!

OTHER: I had A Funny Thing Happen on the other tire; probably NOT typical. I'll pick that up on my other B7100HST tire fill questions thread.

Thanks, Terry

Last edited: