DIY L2550 forklift attachment

ElectronHoarder

Equipment
L2550
Jul 19, 2024
Alaska
Awhile back I picked up a l2550-tow and I wasn't entirely sure what Its purpose was going to be. While thinking on it I came across a 1950's Hyster forklift that looked like the perfect size for this tractor. I used a bunch of stuff I had laying around for this build, including an electric hydraulic pump from an RV. I debated on getting the kubota bolt on pump, and about halfway through I really wished I had sprung the cash to get it. I'm 22 and have more time than money if that helps this wacky project make sense. @007kubotaguy was a huge help in helping me understand how the hydraulics work on one equipped with it. The Hydraulics are tapped into the rear pto output cover and the differential cover that the seat is mounted to. I was able to use just about everything from the forklift to make it operable, and I was most happy with the fitment of the valve body. Next project is a front mount plow or snowblower. All in all it didn't take that many weekends, and I'm thrilled with how it turned out. My new kubota all terrain engine hoist will be getting some use for sure!
iPhone_58e76_IMG_7088.JPG

The victim with the boom already removed:
in the bottom right you can see the solid steel plate that that the kubota came with bolted to the rear. It was extremely heavy.
iPhone_58e76_IMG_6898.JPG

Picture of the painted frame. I tried my best to grab every threaded bolt hole I could find. on the top I got all 6 rearward facing holes and 2 on each side of the differential, just below the cover plate.
iPhone_58e76_IMG_7048.JPG

first fit-up, I was getting pretty excited at this point!
iPhone_58e76_IMG_6942.JPG

Valve body mounted with some angle iron to the cover plate. Lever was installed later.

iPhone_58e76_IMG_7076.JPG

last picture I took during the build with pump mounted and hoses just about finished. This angle shows how nice the valvebody fit near the cab.
iPhone_58e76_IMG_7077.JPG

Reactions: 1 user