Diverter

USMCRay1

Equipment
L2502
Jun 2, 2024
Louisiana
Wanting to add rear remotes on my L2502. Would a diverter be better than true rear outputs? Looking for the best bang for my buck. I'm going to do a 3rd function for the front. Also where is the best place to go for hydraulic manual valves and not the electric valves.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Kubota L2502, LP 60" BB, LP pallet forks, 60" KK Tiller, 55" HSI root grapple
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
You could buy this valve, you would also need the PB plug as well. After that, you just need the hoses and fittings. This is what I did for my 2502. You could also buy a 3 spool valve and use one of the spools to run your 3rd function. I used a two spool valve and ran one to the front for my grapple and one to the rear for hyd top link. I had no use for the tilt cylinder but can easily swap over if I did need it.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Wanting to add rear remotes on my L2502. Would a diverter be better than true rear outputs? Looking for the best bang for my buck. I'm going to do a 3rd function for the front. Also where is the best place to go for hydraulic manual valves and not the electric valves.
Short answer - not better and why would you want to go that route? Even more so if adding a third function to the mix

You can put 2 rear remotes on that tractor for less than $500 and maybe two hours work. Biggest issue is deciding on where you want to put the valve.

I did the same as Yotekiller but in reverse. I put the valve up front for third function and ran hoses to the back for rear remotes.

Dan

1000003482.jpg
1000003481.jpg
1000003483.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Chad D.

Sep 21, 2019
Eugene
If the ONLY thing I ever wanted hydraulic in the rear was a top link, I’d maybe consider a diverter. I’d probably feed it via the FEL curl circuit so I could still easily lift the FEL while using my rear implement that needs top link adjustment.

I don’t think I’d want the FEL 3rd function control anywhere but on the FEL stick. I’m so used to running my grapple and working the jaws with my thumb buttons, it would stink to have to move my hand to another control…

Electric actuated valves are great for things like the grapple. I wouldn’t try to pick up a baby, but I can be pretty gentle with my electric grapple control.

Yotekiller

Equipment
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
If the ONLY thing I ever wanted hydraulic in the rear was a top link, I’d maybe consider a diverter. I’d probably feed it via the FEL curl circuit so I could still easily lift the FEL while using my rear implement that needs top link adjustment.

I don’t think I’d want the FEL 3rd function control anywhere but on the FEL stick. I’m so used to running my grapple and working the jaws with my thumb buttons, it would stink to have to move my hand to another control…

Electric actuated valves are great for things like the grapple. I wouldn’t try to pick up a baby, but I can be pretty gentle with my electric grapple control.
i will have to completely disagree. I couldn’t even imagine reaching forward to the loader stick to adjust my top link. When operating the top link, I am constantly looking backwards watching what I am doing.
concerning the grapple, there is maybe 6” between the loader control and my valve stick and going between the two is seemless and quick. I am operating the grapple non-stop on my tractor and have found my setup to not be limiting whatsoever. I don’t really need curl or raise while operating the grapple lid. I position the lif for what im doing and clamp once I need to. It saves a ton of money this way and is very much worth the trade off.
$500 or less will get you top link AND 3rd function. And it’s so simple to operate either. I also ran connections for the rear tilt and can swap over easily to have top and tilt. No brainer really.
IMG_4776.jpeg

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
i will have to completely disagree. I couldn’t even imagine reaching forward to the loader stick to adjust my top link. When operating the top link, I am constantly looking backwards watching what I am doing.
concerning the grapple, there is maybe 6” between the loader control and my valve stick and going between the two is seemless and quick. I am operating the grapple non-stop on my tractor and have found my setup to not be limiting whatsoever. I don’t really need curl or raise while operating the grapple lid. I position the lif for what im doing and clamp once I need to. It saves a ton of money this way and is very much worth the trade off.
$500 or less will get you top link AND 3rd function. And it’s so simple to operate either. I also ran connections for the rear tilt and can swap over easily to have top and tilt. No brainer really.
View attachment 136294
I think its clear that the better solution is a single spool valve on the loader for 3rd function and another multi spool valve back by the operator for rear remotes.

The plumbing for two valves is basicaly the same as for one valve and the incremental cost for the additional manual third function valve is less than $200.

Dan

Yotekiller

Equipment
Sep 29, 2023
Southern Indiana
I think its clear that the better solution is a single spool valve on the loader for 3rd function and another multi spool valve back by the operator for rear remotes.

The plumbing for two valves is basicaly the same as for one valve and the incremental cost for the additional manual third function valve is less than $200.

Dan
you’re the guy who I trust when it comes to this stuff. Are you saying I couldn’t replace my 2 spool with a 3 spool and have it operate all 3 spools, two for rear and one for grapple? My setup operates the top link and grapple so well the way it is. My thought was if I ever wanted to add tilt without swapping lines over, I could just move to a 3 spool valve. Maybe I’m wrong though. The 3 spool only adds roughly $100 to the equation so you get top/tilt and 3rd function for between $5-600. Hard to beat! I don’t miss the loader control grapple switch whatsoever. It’s a nonissue for me.