Delivered and Ready to Work

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
Congratulations on your new outfit Smalltownguy, the L2501 is a nice tractor. A few items I added to mine didn't cost much but I felt were worthwhile are bucket level indicator rod, the missing right side grab handle, and the additional (outer I believe) air filter that is standard on L3301 and 3901.
I had not heard about this before - additional (outer I believe) air filter that is standard on L3301 and 3901
Do you have a part number? It sounds pretty silly to not have it on the L2501 as well...?

OP: I went with the right-side handle and use it a lot. I skipped the leveler and have become pretty used to eyeing up the bucket. I also LOVE my grapple.

BTW: The story I heard regarding the handle was that it used to be stock. Then "someone" was getting back on on the right side and stepped on the HST, fell off, and somehow ran themselves over or was hurt badly and sued. Not because of their stupidity or accident. NO, the argument was that Kubota encourages mounting on that side because there is A HANDLE. So they ended up leaving it off for liabilities sake rather than a pure cost savings -uughh!!!

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Actually it's the "inner" filter that's missing on L2501.

Reactions: 2 users

bbxlr8

Equipment
L2501 w/R14s, LA525, BH77, SGC0660, CL 5' BB, CL PHD, WG24 + Ford 1210 60" mmm,
Mar 29, 2021
Eastern PA
Actually it's the "inner" filter that's missing on L2501.
Thank you! - will take a good look at it as I haven't opened mine up yet. Seems like a cost play on the L2501 and a nice extra layer of assurance if available.

Am doing 50H service this weekend

BDT

Equipment
B2910, 4060LE, RTV X900
Nov 11, 2021
Minnesota
www.pgfarm.com
Hi all! This is my first post since joining OTT. I just had my new L2501 delivered this morning. With all the delays and frustration these days I thought I would share a positive purchase experience. I called my local dealer a little more than a week ago. I already knew what I wanted: L2501 w/QA loader, 60" rotary cutter, box blade, and a third function with a grapple. To my surprise, they had everything I asked for. Nine days later and it has been delivered! I am excited and ready to get busy!

Thanks for all I have learned over the last few months reading the content on this site.
I was kinda lucky too! My dealer had just 7 tractors on the lot but one was the model I wanted. I have to wait for Ag tires (it had R4s) and the remotes to be installed, but that beats waiting 3 - 6 months! I should get it in a couple weeks. The implements, on the other hand, will be spread out from Dec through Oct!