D722 Kubota

WA221

Equipment
Komatsu PC18MR3
Jul 29, 2024
Anacortes
I have a mini excavator made by Komatsu which calls this engine a 3D67E-1A yet clearly a D722 3 cylinder. I had a Pro come to the house and tell me the #2 cylinder had low compression. And, admittively (sp) my ability is trial by fire.
So, I replaced the head gasket and put it back together only to take it back a notch to bleed the fuel lines. Long and short of it is no fuel dispense through the injection pump. Which leads to three possibilities: Timing, injection pump installed in wrong position, and cabling, still needs bleeding. So, needless to say I failed to take a picture of the cable which ties to the speed controller.
I've attached a zip tie for lack of a better:
A: I don't have knowledge of how these two levers work. Just that the the one ties in properly with correct tie is the throttle.(seems to slide and advance rod)
B: The one which is improperly connected (when key is turned I hear the fuel pump run) seems like it need to activate the Injection pump. Mine has a keyway which a pin drops in. My manual shows a electronic version( again , not my model). i suppose I ought to have been paying better attention when I moved the keyway side to side to assure it was functional.
TIA
Newbie from WA state

Attachments