D1703 injection pump

JP9221

Jun 26, 2024
Pennsylvania
Hi everyone. Working on a D1703 motor in a 2011 Bobcat 325g excavator. I'm replacing the fuel injection pump. Currently waiting for the new one to arrive. But I have everything torn apart. Kicking myself in the butt for not paying a little closer attention to everything when removing it.

I'm trying to figure out how the rack pin goes to the governor fork. On the motor and in the service manual it states that the rack pin goes to the left side of the governor fork. Now there's a flat face on the fork and also a groove on the other side of the flat face. Looking at how everything works I would assume the rack pin would sit in that groove. But it just doesn't seem to line up correctly. Almost as if the fork doesn't come back far enough for the rack pin to sit in the groove. But the way its worded i was wondering if it would just sit up against that flat face. But seeing how everything works in there that doesnt seem right to me. I'm attaching a picture of the fork I found on ebay so it's a clear picture of the fork I'm working with.
Screenshot_20240626_072143_Photos.jpg

I've tried to do some research and find the answer but I can't seem to find anything that's the same style setup that I have. Am I correct in assuming the rack pin should sit in that groove? And if so is there anything that can be causing it to not line up that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance.