Cranking set back

Tobers

Feb 7, 2021
Durham, NC
I've owned a B6200 for about 3 years. Usually I warm the glow plugs for 10-15 secs, and it fires up in about 5 secs (I live in NC). It never fails. We went overseas for over a month and I inadvertently left the tractor uncovered. When I came back I worried if I'd face starting problems. Sure enough: it took maybe 30-45 seconds to fire up, sputtering all the way. I thought that after the first start the rest would be like start ups before I left it uncovered, but now it struggles on every start. I have Diesel Klean in the diesel. Any suggestions? Thanks.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
Additive can be beneficial but none will offset effects of moisture in fuel. While it can be aurgued that some additives (alcohol as one) can obsorb moisture I will point out the results can do more harm than moisture was doing to begin with. Ask how and I'll expand but meanwhile I suggest treating it as water in fuel. Drain.flush,new filter(s) ect.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
So it was uncovered during the hurricane (Debby) that came through?

Does it have a water separator? Is it showing any water?

I would drain some fuel into a clear bottle and let it sit overnight and see if there is water in the tank.

You may want to change the filters (two?) and see if it improves.

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
30-45 seconds seems pretty normal for that engine. Both of my B7200's require that amount of time of glowing to fire off right away....