Computer explain… any Trekkies out there?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Any Star Trek fans that have watched the last couple or few years of episodes remember how many times someone in the episodes ask the computer a question and received a somewhat logical answer.

I recently, within the last week or two, started using an AI app on my phone and iPad. I find it very useful. The answers to my questions seem reasonable and give me a basis to zero in on things that I’m interested in. Granted I could search with Google, and I’m sure I’d spend a lot more time getting to the starting point I can get at when I ask the AI app a question.

Just wondering if anybody else out there has had a similar experience. I actually can see positive benefits of AI, but I also fear the risks for mankind and the future. Those risks won’t affect me since it’s unlikely I’ll be on the planet more than another 20 years if I’m lucky.

Anyway, here’s an example. Just a question I dreamed up that would relate to the forum. I had no idea what the result might be. The following image is the result without me asking a second question or editing, or anything like that. I did try to eliminate any indication of what AI app this might be that I’m using. I don’t want to promote any of them, and I just wanted to share what I see so far.

IMG_1907.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Any Star Trek fans that have watched the last couple or few years of episodes remember how many times someone in the episodes ask the computer a question and received a somewhat logical answer.

I recently, within the last week or two, started using an AI app on my phone and iPad. I find it very useful. The answers to my questions seem reasonable and give me a basis to zero in on things that I’m interested in. Granted I could search with Google, and I’m sure I’d spend a lot more time getting to the starting point I can get at when I ask the AI app a question.

Just wondering if anybody else out there has had a similar experience. I actually can see positive benefits of AI, but I also fear the risks for mankind and the future. Those risks won’t affect me since it’s unlikely I’ll be on the planet more than another 20 years if I’m lucky.

Anyway, here’s an example. Just a question I dreamed up that would relate to the forum. I had no idea what the result might be. The following image is the result without me asking a second question or editing, or anything like that. I did try to eliminate any indication of what AI app this might be that I’m using. I don’t want to promote any of them, and I just wanted to share what I see so far.

View attachment 130730
See how easily an AI engine can be tricked :ROFLMAO:

Dan

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
IMG_0950.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
I hope I am still here when North Idaho Wolfman slows down and someone tries to reBOOT him!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
DAVE: Open the pod bay doors, Hal.
HAL: I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that