Changed Fuel Filter and it won't even turn over

ddoise

Equipment
Kubota V-2203 Diesel Generator
Oct 9, 2024
Lafayette, La
I have a 2011 V-2203 Diesel Kubota engine on a 20KW generator that powers a food trailer. FYI - I'm not a mechanic but I can follow directions. I changed the fuel filter and bled the line using the bleeder nut behind the filter (Not the injectors). But, when we try to crank it, the electric fuel pump will kick in, but it doesn't even attempt to turn over. Both batteries on the outfit were tested and are 100%. Starter is not getting triggered. Not really a lot of usage on the generator.

The indicator light on the starter button flashes four times after failing to turn over indicating No AC Signal (From yellow front panel on the powertech panel)

Are there any safety switches that would be preventing the starter from engaging, or can air in the lines prevent the starter from even trying to turn over??

Trying to decide if removing the starter and having it tested is the best next step or if air in the lines would prevent it from trying to start, I could attempt to bleed the lines at injectors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Torinodan

Equipment
T1600, G4200, G5200, Ford 2810, 1974 Wheel Horse C100
Oct 14, 2021
Fayetteville GA
Have a DC voltmeter? Have to test power and grounds first. The corrosion under the starter might be an issue. Check battery voltage at large cable on starter and power on smaller lead (white connector) on the starter when attempting to start.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, 13 year old unit...when were BOTH primary battery cables replaced ?
Seems you have two batteries, so replace all FOUR cables.

You really need to get the wiring diagram for the unit. Check with the manufacturer or Google.