Cameras!

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
Why cameras? I can't see in the L5460 like I could with a JD 1025R. However, the cab, heat, etc. have become more essential. The problem with the cabs is limited or no visibility on key attachment points on the 3-point (iMatch) and the loader. My experiment was installing cameras in the back and front. The Back is pop riveted to my Amish Triangle. The front one is on the loader hydraulic line cover. The views are much better for use in dropping and picking up implements. The cameras are wireless solar charging. The second camera is paired to the same monitor. Real use is in being able to see so much more when grabbing something for the front or rear. I'll report back with pictures of actual use. Equipment purchased from Amazon.

Solar Wireless Backup Camera for Car (1080P), 3 Mins DIY Installation, Foxpark Solar 3 Back Up Camera Systems Wireless 5 inch Car Monitor, IP69K 2 Channels Reverse Camera for Car, Truck, Van, RV

Attachments

Reactions: 5 users

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
Cameras are wireless and solar powered (to a point). 5 inch monitor is attached by a suction cup to the right door glass. I'm likely going to shift to a cup holder mount as I can then use the one in the rear for backing up. A custom cup holder is on the right door rod for front view work. I'll experiment. The cigarette lighter plug has a USB power socket so the cell phone still has a cord. Copy the last two lines of the original post and paste it on Amazon.