Bx25d sputters then dies

vivj

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 28, 2024
Canada
Got a 2015-16 bx25d.

It occasionally lacks power like it won't lift heavy stuff like it usually does or just drives slower then usual.
It will starts revving erratically on it's own before it sputters out and dies. It has fuel and all other fluids are good. In the winter we did take it apart to pull the fuel tank out because it was clogging up and replaced both fuel filters.

Just wondering if it could be something else causing these issue or if I have to take the fuel tank out again to clean it 🤞 really hoping that's not the case haha. If it is any tips on preventing it from happening in the future or easier ways to unclog it without removing everything.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Got a 2015-16 bx25d.

It occasionally lacks power like it won't lift heavy stuff like it usually does or just drives slower then usual.
It will starts revving erratically on it's own before it sputters out and dies. It has fuel and all other fluids are good. In the winter we did take it apart to pull the fuel tank out because it was clogging up and replaced both fuel filters.

Just wondering if it could be something else causing these issue or if I have to take the fuel tank out again to clean it 🤞 really hoping that's not the case haha. If it is any tips on preventing it from happening in the future or easier ways to unclog it without removing everything.
Get a large hose like a length of heater hose and siphon the tank being careful to move the end in the hose around the bottom of the tank as much as you can. run the fuel into a clean pail and you'll be able to see if junk gets siphoned out of it. I have done this successfully on quite a few Kubota's ranging from little ones to the biggest. There is a coffee strainer that fitts into the fuel cap opening to prevent things from falling in there. I have one on mine and posted about it some time ago. It would be a good idea to remove the fuel line at the primary filter and blow back into the tank to dislodge anything that might be caught there before siphoning.

Reactions: 1 users