BX23S-RCK54BX Mulch Kit - Thoughts.

Speed25

Equipment
L2501(sold) - BX25D
Apr 23, 2024
NC
re:
Draw it, program into the plasma cutter, cut it, roll it, jig it, weld it, add some hardware, done. Basically.

humour me Trimely, if you think it's THAT easy.......
Please spend the time and 'draw it'. Keep accurate time on the hours you spend,which includes taking deck off,making templates, drawing it into computer,measuring everything, confirm it can be 'simple bolt on install'.
The 'program into plasma' is the easiest for me, as long as there are 3 accurate dimensions on your drawing.
Forming the piece( OK, not a 3 humped camel, more like a 'Nessie' ) would be interesting. Still like to see a 'roller' do it,though I suspect the 400t B+B press will do it.

My hunch is that procutters use 'fancy' blades' that mulch and they cut grass more often ,so no 'mulch kit' is needed for their machines.
I could draw something pretty quickly that would look nice, but wouldn't function for crap. The complex airflow at work in one of these decks needs some serious computing power and modeling to get the proper lift and function required to put something like this to market. With the airflow from each blade interacting with one another in odd ways, I suspect the design portion would be a logistical nightmare.

Slightly off topic- I have a ceiling fan in a room that has a coffered ceiling. That ceiling around the edges of the blade throws off airflow so much, that the fan generally doesn't work unless you're in one of four specific areas within the room where all the air blows. Very strange indeed, but that's how air works sometimes.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
We have more than our share of "hot air" blowing around. Can you recommend a fan to disperse some of that hot air?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
One of my clients for energy management 3 decades ago was Chicago Blower and Forge, I got talking to the engineers about blowers (think BIG industrial ones ) and YES the 'math and science' behind getting the correct amount of air to the right place in the right time is 'complicated'.