BX23S Industrial Tire Chains Front and Rear

1madcat

Equipment
BX23S
Dec 18, 2023
Vermont
I have a BX23S with industrial tires and I need to have chains all around with a steep driveway and ice and heavy snow. I've purchased a set that said they were for the correct size tires, but they weren't even close. So I altered them to see if I could get a better fit, which works ok, but I would rather have ones that someone knows fit well without much customization. Thanks!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I have a BX23S with industrial tires and I need to have chains all around with a steep driveway and ice and heavy snow. I've purchased a set that said they were for the correct size tires, but they weren't even close. So I altered them to see if I could get a better fit, which works ok, but I would rather have ones that someone knows fit well without much customization. Thanks!
Were they simply too small? Or?

Some will let the air out a bit and then place on tire - then inflate. BUT it not close then that may not help

1madcat

Equipment
BX23S
Dec 18, 2023
Vermont
Were they simply too small? Or?

Some will let the air out a bit and then place on tire - then inflate. BUT it not close then that may not help
Thanks for the quick reply!
They were way too large. I've taken links out of the side and cross chains. They're close now but they still slip at times and can get close to falling off or catching the drivetrain.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
They were way too large. I've taken links out of the side and cross chains. They're close now but they still slip at times and can get close to falling off or catching the drivetrain.
Gotcha - have you tried to use "straps" on the outside face? Bungies or even ratchet straps with length cut off ( I used cheap ratchet straps on mine a couple of years ago- worked well)

Reactions: 1 user

1madcat

Equipment
BX23S
Dec 18, 2023
Vermont
Gotcha - have you tried to use "straps" on the outside face? Bungies or even ratchet straps with length cut off ( I used cheap ratchet straps on mine a couple of years ago- worked well)
No that's sounds promising, I'll try it out.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I always use tarp straps.

These fit when new, but removed stringers and side links last year. Stretched a lot over 10 years.

IMG_6190.jpeg

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
When you buy new chains YOU have to add/remove links to make them fit. Your K dealer will fit your chains for you if you don't want to do it yourself. No free ride.