BX23S dealer trade or private sale?

dougie

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 6, 2024
NC
First post, please be gentle......I have a 3 yo BX23S with backhoe, garage kept, 39 total EASY hours. It was my first tractor, so I bought many implements I have never used (post hole digger, heavy box blade, rake). I need more tractor for a big cleanup job on tap for Hurricane Helene storm damage.

I demo'd the L3902HST and really liked it. The local dealer is gonna shoot me a number tomorrow for a easy, peasy pick up my BX and all implements and drop off the L02 with backhoe, bucket, and pallet forks. I expect to take a bit of a haircut because the dealer has to make a profit, but I don't know the market well enough to figure out whether or not I want to mess with a private sale.

What is the best way to educate myself before making that decision? Thanks in advance!

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Look up what your tractor is selling for on multiple sites. They don't get asking price, usually. So true "3rd party sale" is going to be less than listing price. Total guess- 10 to 15% lower.
Convenience comes at a price. I'd say if the dealer is giving you 50% of what they are listed for, you might want to reconsider.
One man's opinion after 2 beers. 😁