BX2200 no start

MNguy

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 8, 2024
Minnesota
BX cranks just fine, tried to fire but didn’t catch, lot of smoke. Also, I DO NOT hear the normal “clicking” when holding the switch in glow plug position.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It’s an electric fuel pump so if you don’t hear the clicking, you may not be getting the fuel pump pumping fuel to the injector pump. I’ve read it possible to get some fuel to the injector pump if the tank is full.

No clue what’s going on for you, but if I were you, I would check to make sure the fuel pump is getting power and actually pumping. My guess would be that without the clicking sign it’s probably not pumping and might not be getting power. Could be something as simple as a blown fuse. I’m not sure I’d have to look at the electrical diagram to make a better guess.

Reactions: 1 user

motorhead

Equipment
2009 B3200, 2007 Dodge/Cummins powered Ram 2500 395hp
May 17, 2012
Atascadero
If you are getting a lot of white smoke when cranking, then it sounds to me that you are getting some fuel. Have you checked the glow plug circuit to see if they are getting power? Do you have a 12 volt test light?

Reactions: 1 user

MNguy

Equipment
BX2200
Aug 8, 2024
Minnesota
UPDATE:
I’m thinking more it may be something with glow plugs. I DID get it started, hard start, sputtering and smoking, but then ran fine and started right up after I used it. So kinda thinking the day got warm enough for it to start. We’ll see what happens tomorrow morning if it’s cool again.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex., Beer fridge
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
UPDATE:
I’m thinking more it may be something with glow plugs. I DID get it started, hard start, sputtering and smoking, but then ran fine and started right up after I used it. So kinda thinking the day got warm enough for it to start. We’ll see what happens tomorrow morning if it’s cool again.
So did the fuel pump also start clicking again at the same time? Every tidbit of info helps get the best responses…

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Time crawl under an confirm the fuel pump connect IS connected ! The one on my BX23S 'magically' became disconnected.
If you do this with key in 'on/run' spot ,you'll both hear AND feel the pump come on.