BX Tires Sinking

chriscozi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23S 3rdFunction TerraKingBagger 4ftBoxBlade 5ftPlowBlade 3ptQuickHitch
Nov 26, 2020
Rutland VT
www.sugarwoodschool.org
I tried removing the midmount mower but still manage to get stuck even if the front bucket is empty.
Just a note - get a SHIELD when you take off the mower. (not affiliated - happy customer)
First time you hang up on a branch or rock and it DOESN'T destroy your tranny cooler you'll be ultra glad.
YMMV

Reactions: 1 user

Titan Missile

Equipment
BX1880
May 10, 2024
Upstate NY
That's to everyone for sharing the advice. Sounds like the concensus is that people experience the same thing when conditions are wet and it's a matter of playing the waiting game. Also there are likely things I can do to make the bx do better in the muck, but not really fix the underlying issue.

Forecast says rain for the next 2 weeks, so I'll be sitting in the garage admiring the tractor rather then putting it to work. At least for the next couple days.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Use the next few weeks to clean and detail the tractor and remove all traces of mud. By the time you are finished, you will understand why you don't want to go into the mud again. Think of this as your tractor is giving you a life lesson.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
That's to everyone for sharing the advice. Sounds like the concensus is that people experience the same thing when conditions are wet and it's a matter of playing the waiting game. Also there are likely things I can do to make the bx do better in the muck, but not really fix the underlying issue.

Forecast says rain for the next 2 weeks, so I'll be sitting in the garage admiring the tractor rather then putting it to work. At least for the next couple days.
One thing to suggest. Mine came with turf tires too. Air in those tires from the factory are low. Go off the side of your tire to max out air in those tires. First time I lifted a full load in the bucket, my fron tires looked flat. Since maxing out the air pressure, no more issues. As others have posted above, our tractors are heavy and not very good in the muck. I did upgrade my tires to the BX23 tires with the skid steer tread. Use those for the winter. Work great. Good luck.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
One thing to suggest. Mine came with turf tires too. Air in those tires from the factory are low. Go off the side of your tire to max out air in those tires. First time I lifted a full load in the bucket, my fron tires looked flat. Since maxing out the air pressure, no more issues. As others have posted above, our tractors are heavy and not very good in the muck. I did upgrade my tires to the BX23 tires with the skid steer tread. Use those for the winter. Work great. Good luck.
The part I put in red is only to point out Kubota tractors are NOT heavy in relation to tractors and what they do. Kubota tractors were originally built/sold for use in rice paddies for rice farming. They are much lighter then typical tractors for that purpose. They are still "light" by today's tractor standards.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have had mine for 2 years now and haven't mounted it yet. I bought it from another OTT member who owned it for a year or so before he sold his tractor and he never mounted it. It must be a good luck charm!