BX Snowblower Auger Shear Bolt Repair

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
If you are talking about the slow auger. they should opposite of the other side. I usually take a punch and place it in the hole and apply light preasure and feel for a ridge or a rise. Then start just tapping the punch untill you get the shear bolt then drive it.

Hopefully I understood what you were asking.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Sounds like the same problem as with sheared pin on brushhog shaft.

Assuming you can get to the pin location, use a bright flashlight looking at the through-hole. I'll bet you can see the dutchman pin go by as you roll the inner shaft around. Then get a drift and plenty of hammer and drive it out the far side. You may have to wiggle the two pieces to get the holes to align even after you see where it is.

Lordy I hope you don't have a tapered or watermelon pin. I've had to drill them out. Go back with a soft 'no grade' (actually Gr-2; no head markings) bolt long enough that threads are not exposed to rotational force. I use a NyLock nut to keep it together. Cut off excess bolt length if you'll be reaching into the area around the pin. Even then be careful.

Toyboy

Equipment
BX2230D - RCK60-22BX - BX5450
May 18, 2010
Hayward Wi
The shear bolts are in the same position on both sides. Line up the good one so it's at a slight angle facing you and the broken one is in that same position. Now you will have some side play in the auger so you will probably have to slide it back and forth a little for correct alignment.

I get my shear bolts from my Kubota dealer just to make sure their correct type with a grove around them.
70069-01338 for auger at 17-20 ft lb
70060-91975 for fan at 9-11 ft lb
This info is for my BX 2750 blower.

Last edited: