Tractor Disasters and Owner Abuse

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Most likely not, because if he were reading these forums he would have known not to have the loader in the air nor would we have the picture to prove that he hasn't learned what to do and how to do it. I have learned that just because you think you can do something, sometimes you are better off not taking the gamble.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Most likely not, because if he were reading these forums he would have known not to have the loader in the air nor would we have the picture to prove that he hasn't learned what to do and how to do it. I have learned that just because you think you can do something, sometimes you are better off not taking the gamble.
If the guy tries to restart that tractor after tipping it back up, and doing nothing else,......he then will have lost a really big "gamble"!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
What a novel way to wash your mower or was the operator attempting to cut the pond weeds?

Mower in pond.jpg

KubotaHawg

Equipment
L2800DT, LA463, Landpride ΒΒ1260, RCR1260
Jan 9, 2022
NW Arkansas
My dad’s was similar (and for pickups) and was that you use 2wd going, if you get where you can’t go further, 4wd is to get back home.
I have an equally wise father that told me the same thing. He always said using 4wd before you need it is going looking to get stuck. I rarely ever use it in my truck but wouldn’t own a tractor without it however.

jaxs

Equipment
B1750HST
Jun 22, 2023
Texas
I once came onto my neighbor and his new 3032 John Deere on the verge of falling into a gully alongside our gravel county road. When the old man moved the tractor moved so he was afraid to try getting off. A neighbor lady was there crying and praying but didn't know how to help. I used round bale twine to tie rops to my truck bumper and old man got off. He had been mowing public roadside when the tractor slide down the rock embankment. He was farming as far back as I can remember so he had plenty experience on tractors but probably never drove one that small. The lady drove him to fetch one of his big tractors,log chain and grandson who farmed place after the man retired. I stayed there to explain why my truck was crosswise in road tied to the tractor and instruct motorists to go up the farmers turnrow to get past. From time to time he gave me things he claimed to have no use for. When he passed a couple years later his daughter told me her dad wanted me to have the tractor because he felt him and the tractor would have been goners not for me. I told her I didn't deserve or need the little tractor but her and her son unloaded it in my yard following week and I traded it in on a new baler. Fast forward a few years and this old man decided a small tractor with fel might beat a shovel and wheelbarrow so I got a used B1750.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
My dad, not being even 0.0001% mechaincal, famous for his 'bent screwdriver' was fearless on his little B (no ROPS) back in the day. Mowed across a hill along a pond. I'd watch as he'd lean into the hill, wheels on the high side slightly lifting. I tried to explain but he'd have none of that. One day, he rolled it, and only bubbles seen in the water. It took two tow trucks, one backing down the hill tethered to the other and a guy in SCUBA to hook the tractor and pull it out. This was in the early 1980's and I think the tow was over a grand....
Imagine the trouble I'd of gotten into if it had been me....

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I have an equally wise father that told me the same thing. He always said using 4wd before you need it is going looking to get stuck. I rarely ever use it in my truck but wouldn’t own a tractor without it however.
I understand that there are not many beaches in Arkansas, but along the Atlantic coast, it is almost always necessary to use 4WD to drive on the beach.
When I was 17, I often drove my '34 Ford on the beach, but it had 9:00x13 (fat) tires, and I did get stuck.