BX 2200 power steering line replacement

Oldgoat03

Equipment
B21
Jul 25, 2011
Woodinville, Wa, USA
My BX 2200 power steering line leaking between dash and front. Lines are wrapped in cloth cover so cant tell which has failed. I plan to replace both to avoid future frustration. It is very difficult to get a wrench on fittings on hydraulic cylinder on front axle. Ended up loosening the bolts holding cylinder in place (3 each end) to get enough play to get a wrench on the fittings. I can tell it will be difficult to reinstall new lines since it was tough getting originals off. Is there a trick to this? I was tempted to drop the front axle for easier access but wasn't sure how tough it would be to get that re-aligned.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Bob

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
You are in for an adventure. There are really no tricks to share. It sounds like you have it fairly well figured out already.

I had the most trouble getting wrench clearance under the dash. You may not have gotten there yet since that issue wasn't mentioned in your post.

If you buy aftermarket lines fabbed to fit then they will likely be of a larger diameter causing routing and fitment issues. I bought heavier lines since I didn't want to ever replace them again. Once in a lifetime is enough. And, make sure the fittings on the end are exactly like the OEM lines.

The lines to the rear (pump) leaked on mine first so I just replaced them all. Quite a project with lots of frustrations.

If I remember correctly, Kubota recommends replacing the lines every two years. RIGHT, who is going to do that?

Makloklin

Equipment
B21
Jul 6, 2012
USA
My BX 2200 power steering line leaking between dash and front. Lines are wrapped in cloth cover so cant tell which has failed. I plan to replace both to avoid future frustration. It is very difficult to get a wrench on fittings on hydraulic cylinder on front axle. Ended up loosening the bolts holding cylinder in place (3 each end) to get enough play to get a wrench on the fittings. I can tell it will be difficult to reinstall new lines since it was tough getting originals off. Is there a trick to this? I was tempted to drop the front axle for easier access but wasn't sure how tough it would be to get that re-aligned.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Bob
Hi old goat, how did you hydraulic steering line replacement go? Did you find any trick to accessing that inner hose from the cylinder? I am in the process right now and am frustrated by that hose. I too thought of dropping the axle, but am cringing at the thought of reassembly!
Thanks, Brian

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
So I’m in the same boat. Can’t access the Rt front hose. Do I need to pull the lower axel?
Do not pull the axle!! The pivot pin has o-rings sealing it. Jack the tractor up a few inches so you can tip the axle. Put your jack under the frame to the side of the engine, not under the front axle. Remove the two bolts holding the tin cover in front of the flywheel, remove the cover. Use an angle 11/16 open-end wrench to unscrew the fitting.

Wedge1

Equipment
BX2200
Sep 18, 2024
Templeton, CA
I'm in a similar situation except I believe that the leaking hose is between the pump and the steering controller. The dripping oil comes from close to the rear of the tractor. The manual tells all of the things that need to be removed but is a bit short on details. I want to take the ROPS off, and it says to unhook the flasher and turn signal wires. I can't find where they are connected. Are they up under the fenders? They don't seem to be accessible. Your thoughts please