BX 1860 Suddenly lost 3PT hitch lift?

Krazybob613

Equipment
BX1860
Jul 6, 2024
Michigan
I’m out working and everything was fine. Suddenly the 3 Point
IMG_0084.jpeg
hitch simply will not raise. I checked the Hydro fluid level - fine. I checked the lever attachment to the valve shaft, it is snug and the shaft turns with the lever. The lever operation feels normal, I can feel the return springs in both directions. The tractor drives fine and the PTO operates normally. Any suggestions?

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Check all your hose connections to see if one popped off. Check the knob below the seat by turning it closed and then to the full open position.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Check that the round shaft going into the control valve is moving with the handle. I think there is a roll pin there that might have sheared off or fallen out.

Krazybob613

Equipment
BX1860
Jul 6, 2024
Michigan
Check that the round shaft going into the control valve is moving with the handle. I think there is a roll pin there that might have sheared off or fallen out.
Shaft is secure on the lever.

update! After sitting for around a half an hour I decided that cleaning is never a bad idea. And when I moved it outside to start cleaning it I tried the lift control once again, just because…. And the silly thing WORKED! Cleaned everything thoroughly and tested it again and it is working fine again. Sticking relief valve? I Hates Infernal Intermittent problems! On accounta because they are most likely to reappear - when you need the thing to work most desperately!

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Do you have any quick disconnects involved in the hydraulic system? I would suspect that the flow from the pump through the FEL control valve out of the power beyond port and into the three point hitch is being interrupted somehow. I assume that most of it is hard piped on the tractor but there may be some disconnects to remove the loader. If the valve moves with the loader then you may have to reroute the flow when the loader is off? How is that done?

If there is a flow routing valve is it turned into the correct position?

Krazybob613

Equipment
BX1860
Jul 6, 2024
Michigan
Do you have any quick disconnects involved in the hydraulic system? I would suspect that the flow from the pump through the FEL control valve out of the power beyond port and into the three point hitch is being interrupted somehow. I assume that most of it is hard piped on the tractor but there may be some disconnects to remove the loader. If the valve moves with the loader then you may have to reroute the flow when the loader is off? How is that done?

If there is a flow routing valve is it turned into the correct position?
She’s straight stock, no aftermarket taps or bypass’s I did post an update that it mysteriously decided to work again after sitting for a while!