Buying Advice - L3000 DT

Paul A

Equipment
L3000DT
Apr 10, 2014
New Kensington Pa
I am considering an L3000DT with FEL, 295 hours, turf tires, asking price $11,000. Is this a reasonable price ? It has a dual clutch, what is this ??

Can a rigid, 2 piece ROPS, be converted to a foldable ROPS ?

I am also considering a new Liberty 7 ft. hoe. Do you have any recommendations on this ?

I am new to this forum, and I really appreciate all the information.

Thank-you,

Rodeo hunter

Equipment
l4400hst with loader,
Apr 2, 2014
Indiana
I am considering an L3000DT with FEL, 295 hours, turf tires, asking price $11,000. Is this a reasonable price ? It has a dual clutch, what is this ??

I am also considering a new Liberty 7 ft. hoe. Do you have any recommendations on this ?

Thank-you,
I am pretty new to forum as well. I just bought a l3000dt with 204 hrs and some implements for $10,000 but according to members. Stole it. These guys should chime in soon they were more than helpful with my purchase. I'd try for 10k as tires will run you a grand most likely and 4x4 with turf tires sucks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I am considering an L3000DT with FEL, 295 hours, turf tires, asking price $11,000.

Not too bad of a price as long as it has a factory or good brand name FEL.

Is this a reasonable price ? It has a dual clutch, what is this ??

Dual stage clutch allows you to keep the tractors PTO running and stop the tractor, First stage is for tractor movement second stage is for PTO operation, it's all done in one pedal movement, partially down for Tractor disengagement and all the way down for PTO disengagement.

NO, you would have to get a foldable ROPS, and it's probably not offered for a L3000.

Any three point hoe is going to be hard on your tractor, it's almost always better to go with a subframe model, it will work but don't expect a lot out of it and remember that it can do some serious damage if you over work it.

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc

Thank-you,
A 3 point hoe puts a lot of stress on the center of the tractor at the bell housing. Some add on hoes come with additional frame support. I wouldn't use one that didn't include a sub frame or some kind of stiffener.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Did you get it? Just a comment or two:
If you are considering a hoe, what are your planned uses for the tractor? If you are going to be pushing and pulling and digging, the turf tires may not work out for you. That'll be another $1000 - $1500 for a set of R1 or R4 tires and wheels.

I have a 35 year old Kubota 3ph backhoe, with way less capability than the Liberty. It is still quite capable of tossing my new L3200 around like a toy. With my old L185 I needed a full loader bucket to keep the front end down. So yes, it is hard on the 3ph, and the tractor. The biggest problem is that it can push down hard enough to lift the back of the tractor. Kubota had supplied a huge bar to lay across the lift arms to absorb the lift with the tractor weight - all it did was bend up the 3ph lift arms. I built heavy stabilizer arms from the lift arm tips back to the top link. Etc. Etc. Get a frame mount. Hydraulics are terrifying powerful; they can really tear things up!

Aside from all of that, it is a good tractor, for a reasonable price. If it is what you want, go for it. If it is something you think you can make-do with, you will spend years and $$ trying to turn it into what you really wanted. Keep your eye on ebay and CL - good deals on what you want do come along pretty regularly.