Buying a Kubota

jeffmcCath92

Equipment
B7100D
Apr 27, 2024
New Orleans, LA. USA
I want to buy a Kubota, but I do not know how big I have to go to have one that will do what I need. I want a brand new one. Here is what I need.

FEL
Pallet forks (Need to be able to occasionally lift a 1,000 pound skid off the back of a semi)
Belly Mower
Rear Blade

I guess my biggest concern is how much they will lift with pallet forks on them.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
There are a lot of people that are great about spending other peoples money, so you need to set the upper limit of what you want to spend. If you give a dollar amount then I am certain that someone will come up with something within your budget. Would you consider used if it were quite new and low hours? That will get you more machine at lower costs. Here are some suggestions however, they are not close to you. Check your facebook marketplace for similar listing's

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Oh you’re going to get all kinds of questions 😱

Let’s start with - are you sure you want a belly mower? If you want to lift and move 1,000 lbs comfortably I don’t think you’ll find a machine that would include a belly mower.

Maybe a large B series or an L series?

Those with applicable machines will respond.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
The LX is the biggest machine that has a belly mower. It will lift 1,000lbs, but only just. http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/010/7/1/10715-kubota-lx2610-attachments.html. The weight would be 500mm forward, and the forks have weight too. So you'd be using the curl to get a tiny bit of height, then backing up, then lowering it. It's unlikely to lift 1,000lbs onto a semi, only off.

Another option, if you have a loading ramp, is to get 3ph pallet forks. You can lift a lot on the rear, just not to much height. If the semi is backed up to a loading ramp, then that wouldn't be an issue.

If you really need the 1,000lbs, then probably a grand-L or an MX is the right machine, and then you just use a rear cutter.

If you're set on a MMM (and a machine sized to mow on a house lawn, which an MX isn't really), then you can get a forklift attachment for the 3ph. They're not common, but they do exactly what you want.