Broken three point hitch arm

farmerdad46

Equipment
Bx2380
Jun 12, 2024
USA
Somehow the left side lift arm (the one that connects to the mower deck mount) is bent / broken. It has bent to the point where the arm leading to the mower deck mount is hitting the PTO lever assembly. The interference is preventing the mower from starting.

I will of course call the dealer and have them fix it. I assume it will either be covered under warranty or the kabota insurance.

Any idea how this happened? Is this just a defective part or did something happen here? This all occurred while I was putting the mower deck on and the three point hitch / mower deck arms were causing me issues (wouldn't go up, cut of engine due to pto engment). The pto control arm won't move at all right now due to the interference, so it won't start. Not sure how the dealer is going to pick it up.

Attachments

Last edited:

Sawdust&Shavings

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870,LA203A,BX6315,BX2767,RCK48-18BX,GCK60-23BX
Apr 25, 2023
Stafford, VA
Somehow the left side lift arm (the one that connects to the mower deck mount) is bent / broken. It has bent to the point where the arm leading to the mower deck mount is hitting the PTO lever assembly. The interference is preventing the mower from starting.

I will of course call the dealer and have them fix it. I assume it will either be covered under warranty or the kabota insurance.

Any idea how this happened? Is this just a defective part or did something happen here? This all occurred while I was putting the mower deck on and the three point hitch / mower deck arms were causing me issues (wouldn't go up, cut of engine due to pto engment). The pto control arm won't move at all right now due to the interference, so it won't start. Not sure how the dealer is going to pick it up.
Ouch

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880 with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
That sucks. How many hours on the tractor? What size mower deck? My 1880 has a little over 100 hours with no issues yet. When I see an BX with issues like this, makes me nervous. Please post what you find out from the dealer. I’ll keep an eye on this thread.