Brand new F2690 with no answers in manuals

steuny

Equipment
F2690
Jul 30, 2013
Langton, ontario ,Canada
I got delivery of my new F2690 and found no answers so next best thing is this forum. I have a mower deck that is suppose to tip up for cleaning. Videos on line have a bar included to get this done. I see no such accessory or other hardware to enable it easily. There is a fixture as pictured. No idea what it’s for. I installed a quick hitch and found no place to add the lift locks. Could that be what’ its for to limit upward travel to protect driveshaft. Any ideas.

Attachments

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
You do not need that quick hitch for just a deck. It is for snowblowers and such, I believe.

On our 72” decks, there is a lift bar that is clipped across that front rectangle tubing, that will unlatch the lift assist cylinder, then the deck can be tilted up once a few pins are pulled on the rear scalp wheels and height adjustment bars.
Best pic I have atm.
IMG_1753.jpeg

You can see the lift rod and assist cylinder in this pic. As well as the rear height adjustment things. (In bottom of your deck picture)They mount where the quick hitch large bolts are on lift arms.

Last edited:

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Yea, the parts you mention are not on my mower and reason for my post. I have a snowblower, sweeper and leaf blower so I need the quick hitch.
With your deck being a 60, they may not be needed. I think that quick hitch will need removed before deck can go on… Hope that wasn’t a selling point at the dealer. I don’t know as I’ve never dealt with one, our 4 F’s only have decks.