Bran New Here :20 minutes new

Eddybo

Equipment
L3300 tractor, BUSH HOG SQ60 woods front end loader 165
Aug 12, 2024
NY
Hi all Orange Tractor Talks folks In 1994 I bought my brother a new Kubota l3300 with a Woods 165 front end loader and a Bush Hog SQ 60 bush hog . Mistake obviously I didnt know what I was doing. 2 years ago I inherited it. It has 400 hours on it I used it once last year mow the field for 5 hours. 2 monthes ago I decided to do complete service ajustment and any thing it needed.Antifreeze flush and refill ,enginr oil filter, fuel filter, flush fuel tank and lines,trany / hydraulic fluid and filter all west flawless.How do I grease the drive shaft on the Bush Hog SQ60 and adjust the blade slip clutch. It has a plastic shield covering it . If i could unbolt the shield it wont slid oner the big slip clutch. I am at a loose baffeled. Where is the drain plug for the fluid change for this thing SQ60 . Any and all help will br great full. Everybody be safe I need you back

Eddybo

Equipment
L3300 tractor, BUSH HOG SQ60 woods front end loader 165
Aug 12, 2024
NY
Thank you . Iam LOL . No I have not lokked at a manual, not until now thank you . I just looked at the operators manual that cam with it., that was one of my mistakes.I must be missing something obvious.Thank you for the manual I will need it. I was hoping to just grease the complete tractor when ever I was done with it. The manual has good pictures but I guess I have to remove the PTO shaft to grease it and adust the clutch. I will have to stare at it more figure out what I dont know. but the manual is definetly gooing to help thank you

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
On the PTO shaft greasing…
There are universal joints at both ends that need to be greased regularly but not too much. The plastic shield usually has some provisions that might let you see the grease nipples.

There is usually some plastic bearings at each end of the shaft that need to be greased. There are usually plastic grease nipples on the plastic shields.

Then you also need to grease the shaft that slides (longer and shorter).

For that you have to remove the plastic shield. So in the end you have to learn how the plastic shield is attached and how to disconnect the ends to get it off. There are usually plastic screw heads near where the plastic shield bells out near the ends of the shaft. These are not real screws but the head will rotate in a way to align with a hole and allow the plastic to move away from the yoke or clutch. I suggest you clean the plastic shield ends fairly well so you can then take pictures and post them and ask how to remove the shield. Or you can go to the tractor dealer and see if they can show you how on a new shaft.

You also need to learn how to remove the whole PTO shaft so you can take it to a workbench and work on it. This should be covered in the manual.

There are also hours and hours of You Tube videos that explain things about how the PTO shaft is cared for. Most are correct but some are not correct. So be careful and watch several videos before you do anything that is suggested.